College Football 2022

If there’s one thing that could console Longhorn nation tonight . . .

I pray to thee, my merciful and bountiful God, that today’s riches show your glory and exaltations beyond all…

Imgur

… in Jesus’s name, Amen.

(Just keep UGA unbeaten, OK, God? Thx!)

For sure, it would have made it 2nd-and-20 from the Texas 45 with about 35 seconds left.

That being said…Bama being Bama…they might have still gotten within FG range and scored anyway.

I didn’t see a second of it, but Georgia only won over Samford 33-0? There were definitely a few sportswriters ranting about this creampuff matchup (and others) on Twitter this week.

I assume it was mostly bench players after the first quarter or so.

Scott Frost’s seat at Nebraska got considerably hotter last night.

Frost has now lost 10 straight 1-score games, and his career record at NU in those games is 5-22.

Next up is Oklahoma.

Update: Scott Frost has been fired, per Twitter.

The Huskers had come into the Georgia Southern game 214-0 when scoring at least 35 points at Memorial Stadium.

Nebraska pride costs them 7.5 million dollars. You love to see it.

The Seminoles lose their starting QB and the redshirt sophomore backup (Rodemaker) takes them from 7 down to a 35-31 win. Ton of injuries though and after BC next week, we have 3 straight weeks of Top 20 teams (Wake, NC State, and Clemson). A 4-0 start will help cushion that stretch. The goal this year is a winning season and a decent bowl invite - anything else is gravy. And how about Wilson (6-7 transfer from Arizona St)! 7 catches for 149 yards and 2 TDs. He’s gonna light up some highlight reels.

CBS Sports has Kent State at No. 15 in the Bottom 25, and I think that’s mostly just because of their early schedule. No one expected them to beat Washington or Oklahoma (and they didn’t), and they’re gonna lose to Georgia, too, for sure. It’s not that we’re masochists, though, we just need the money.

Once we get into the conference schedule, I think we’ll be fine.

After the agony of coming so close to knocking off Alabama, the University of Texas will host the University of Texas (San Antonio). I expect a rough night for the Roadrunners.

And in other news, Texas apparently spent $280,000 in one weekend on Arch Manning’s recruiting visit (to be fair there were eight other recruits included in the festivities). Still, even at “only” $32,000 each, that’s equivalent to the cost of attendance at UT for one year, only instead of going toward tuition and books it’s paying for luxury hotel rooms and open bars.

(Bold mine.)

For the families, I assume; not so much for the 17- and 18-year-old student-athletes. I hope.

I have confidence in the UT compliance staff that any and all underage drinking was done with full plausible deniability.

All tied up now in South Bend at Cal Vs. The Officials

Jesus Christ!

And I see the Brave Boys from Bama are girding their loins to take on the Formidable UL Monroe. :roll_eyes:

Ehh. All big schools put small schools on the schedule. For the small school, it’s a nice pay day that can help fund their program(s). For the big schools, it’s a supposedly easy win, but can sometimes back fire.

But Alabama is no more egregious on this than any other big, elite D-1 school. And I hate Alabama.

I mean, the Dawgs played South Carolina today, same thing. :grin:

UPSET WATCH: Unranked Liberty is tied at #19 Wake Forest, 30-30, late in the fourth quarter.

Liberty’s two-point conversion attempt failed. They trail 37-36 with about a minute remaining in the fourth quarter.

Here is a statement that should appear in a college basketball thread:

Next Saturday, the undefeated Duke Blue Devils travel to Lawrence to take on the undefeated Kansas Jayhawks.