Comedians in cars getting coffee

Those are much more contrived. When he first started they had difficulty booking guests, as (like Car Karaoke) most people thought it was kinda dumb and could be embarrassing; it was pretty much just close friends. Then it started getting praise and basically everyone wanted to be on it (again, like Car Karaoke) and yeah, later shows seem to have people he barely knew.

The worst is Youtube Amanda Sings (Colleen Ballinger), who got on because Seinfeld’s daughter was a huge fan and wanted to meet her. I like Ballinger, but that was just all sorts of bad…

One of my favorite episodes is with Jimmy Fallon. I’m not a big Fallon fan but I liked how Jerry switched over to the boat and even put it in the water down the boat ramp himself.

Overall I enjoyed it, with only a few real duds (Miranda Sings being my least favorite). Several of them were comedians I don’t particularly like and this show helped change my mind and realize its their schtick I don’t care for. When they’re just screwing around and chatting most of them were either damn funny or at least interesting. That’s the main reason I didn’t like Miranda’s episode. That character doesn’t do it for me at all and she was by far more interesting at the end of the episode, chatting out of character and taking off her overdone makeup.

This is the Sarah Silverman ep for me. Aside from her recurring role on Monk, I’ve never cared for her, but I like her in interviews and CICGC is my favorite appearance by her. Cute how she checks to see what he tipped at the end.

I’ve enjoyed this series for the most part. I was laughing out loud at Leno, which surprised me, as I always hated his monologues on The Tonight Show. Also liked Steve Harvey and Patton Oswalt. Not so much: Tina Fey and Steve Martin, who seemed awkward. Skipped Howard Stern, as I loathe the man.