comfort food

What food makes you feel better when youre down? Mine would be macaroni and cheese. Something warm and soft.

Everyone I know thinks I’m crazy for this one but…
Long Island Ice Tea and cheese sticks…
my figure is better off when I haven’t a care in the world.

Scrambled eggs with LOTS of cheese and toast. Mmmm…

One of my favorite comfort foods when I’m miserable are those little chocolate pies that Hostess and other companies make. Even more comforting is if you buy an off-brand at a discount warehouse grocery store, they’re usually about 19 to 23 cents apiece. Cheap li’l choc’lit pies… yummm…

“I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it,” Jack Handy

I try to avoid eating comfort foods when I’m low or bored because of the fat/calories/carbs involved. What I do and what I love more than most anything is a piping hot cup of tea that quenches the appetite, forces me to slow down and relax.

when that fails, I reach for moosetracks ice cream ( or any icecream will do,really), chocolate ( but not too much as I get migraines from it) or chips and salsa.

Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help Mom with the dishes.-P.J. O’Rourke

Mmmm, orangecakes.

Shirley, I love that P.J. quote. I just read couple of his books and saw him speak here in Toledo about 3 weeks ago. He claims Toledo to be his hometown, but I think he left here shortly after high school. I actually grew up about 3 blocks from where he lived. By the way he’s working on a new book about Toledo and how it’s kind of the butt of many jokes.

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” - Humphrey Bogart

Mashed potatoes and pot roast gravy. Grilled cheese sandwiches. Hot fudge sundae. In other words, anything full of carbs and bad for me. Lots of it.

Hey Beer,what did ya mean by that?hmmmmm…I love bacon,but my body doesn’t.Most foods that taste good aren’t good for you. That MOST,because I LOVE broccolit(with butter).

Grilled Cheese sandwiches with tomato soup.

Just add water, it makes it’s own sauce!

Cool Ranch flavored Doritos and and large Diet Coke, extra ice. I’ve I’m really stressed I could eat an entire truckload, so I only buy those little 75 cent snack bags.

A big NY Strip steak, cooked rare.

What this tells about my personality, I don’t want to know…

Yer pal,
Satan

orangecakes, it’s just a juvenile wisecrack. I seem to be in smartass mode today. If you are offended, I apologize; if you aren’t offended, well… I think some good old mac and cheese does sound pretty good, as long as it doesn’t come from a box.

And don’t ever put that broccoli in the mac & cheese, no matter what the Kraft Foods people say on the Velveeta carton. It just destroys two great foods.

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” - Humphrey Bogart

Fried Spam. Go ahead and laugh. I’ll wait…

Nothing wrong with fried Spam, Missy.
I have been craving the following dish all day: Hamburger bun, big spoonfull of tuna, slap some American cheese on top and broil it. MMMMMMMMM

“On the edge of sleep, I awoke to a sun so bright…”

I’m with you, Orangecakes, comfort food means regressing. A hot, pillowy dish of homemade mac and cheese is wonderful.

Also…soup. A big, comfy pot of it that simmers gently and wafts out nice smells. When I’m really upset or down, I get out the old stock pot: homemade chicken noodle, potato soup w/ chives, creamy mushroom, clam chowder, vegetable beef, Wisconsin cheddar cheese, minestrone…

Then I eat one bowl, pop enough in tupperware for a few more servings and run the rest down to the mission. Soup isn’t soup if you don’t make a big, honkin’ batch of it and it would take weeks to eat all of it.

Veb

Veb-

May we have recipes? I love soup, but I rarely get beyond the basic chicken noodle…

The reason gentlemen prefer blondes is that there are not enough redheads to go around.

Comfort? Potatoes in any form.

A big bag of beef jerky and a bottle of Coca-cola. Nothing like good ol’ fat and caffine to pick you up from a crappy day.

TennHippie: No kiddin’?

I was just recently talking to my friend (the favourite ex-boyfriend) about the wonderful versatility of potatoes. Crazy.

I’m all about 'em … there’s no wrong way to have taters.

Apples (also in any form)come in a close second.

Veni, Vidi, Visa … I came, I saw, I bought.

those doughy Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with the seperate tub of orangy sugar goo.

Magnificent!

Inkz