Commentator says W should make himself president-for-life, & colonize Iraq

I got this from a DU thread, the title of which is, “Group that advocated Bush become “President-for-Life” linked to Bush Administration itself” – which I think overstates the case. The article in question appeared on the website of Family Security Matters, a neocon organization which turns out to be a front for the Center for Security Policy, which does include, or has included, Dick Cheney in its membership. A tenuous connection.

Furthermore, the article was shortly pulled from FSM’s website and now is available only through Google cache.

But its content! That this was ever written and published at all, even in such an obscure venue, is more than astonishing!

Is this meant as parody?! How can anyone in the English-speaking world seriously think in these terms in this day and age?! Who (beyond the above description) is this Philip Atkinson?!

holy shit

Me thinks it’s satire. It has to be. Right?

It’s nuts all right, but getting worked up about it doesn’t make any sense. It’s either 1) A parody and not really worth talking about, or 2) Written by some nutters, and not really worth talking about.

So, the rant here is that someone posted something totally batshit insane? On the internet? How outrageous! I’ve never heard of such a thing!

Here is a self-penned bio from his own website. The guy, ummm, has issues.

I ain’t moving to Iraq. Texas is hot enough for me thankyouverymuch.

And just how far should he take this mimicry? Giving the State of the Union from the Forum in a toga while surrounded by honorable men?

I have mixed feelings…

Sometimes, the term total fucking putz on rye with a side of potato salad seems hopelessly inadequate. How am I supposed to take this douchebag seriously about anything?

And how long until The Ides of March?

Et tu, Condi?

It could also be 3) A hoax written and planted in the Family Security Matters website by some anonymous hacker to embarrass the group and not really worth talking about.

For the record, I don’t support the Bush presidency, the War in Iraq, and Family Security Matters. It’s just that this thing looks like it could be the work of a political prankster.

I know, I know, but this is a bit beyond. This is stuff that would give Anne “Kill All Their Leaders and Convert Them to Christianity” Coulter the heebie-jeebies.

All Atkinson’s articles appear to have have been pulled from the FSM website, at any rate. We can only speculate as to why.

What’s the internet coming to when these sorts of shenanigans go on?!

:yawn:

To be fair, though, Iraq does have some of the best terrain on the map. Saladin’s camel archers don’t stand a chance, and we can convert the area into a GP farm.

I think it’s weird that this guy likes to talk about civilization while advocating mass genocide and dictatorship. He doesn’t sound like a civilization fan. :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess it’d be his first time in a toga… sober.

Actually, I think the problem is that it was briefly published on a website that is supposedly a front for an organization that Dick Cheney was involved with 20 years ago.

Clearly, we need to be concerned that Bush was simply sending up a trial balloon to see if people would object to him becoming president for life. His popularity is soaring to near 30%, so there’s a chance we’d all be OK with it.

You pretty much nead civilization for mass genocide and dictatorship. I mean, that sort of stuff doesn’t just happen…it takes work.

I get into arguments on other message boards with people who are as bad or worse on an occasional basis. And yes, there are worse; at least he didn’t argue for killing ever single person outside the borders of America, or go the kill-the-whole-world route like some of the Christian Rapture believers.

Nuke the evil Ay-rabs isn’t that uncommon a sentiment, as far as I can tell.