Commercials That Scare the Crap Out of You

There was a commercial about a year or so ago, that had a man walking home and stopping to buy a pair of pants. The lady at the store takes them off a mannequin in the window. We seem him walking all over town and just behind him (in allies, behind a bus, ect.) is the mannequin with no pants on. At the end he’s on the couch sleeping when the shadow of the mannequin passes over him. There is a thump, like the door shutting and the screen goes dark.

I’m like WTF!!! *Guess jeans. Don’t buy our pants or you will be killed in your sleep by a zombie mannequin * :EEK:

It was easily the creepiest commercial ever

Sorry for the double post. If any mods pass through, could you delete one?

Sorry for putting that in twice.
I swear when I looked the first time it didn’t post!

The Geico/Gecko ads really weird me out-about 6 months ago or so Geico decided
a better ad campaign (in the US, mind) would give the Gecko an Australian accent
while having him spout incomprehensible gibberish (I think it has something to do
with the arcane concept of “car insurance”, but I honestly can’t tell).

We have one here where a car full of kids gets pulled over at night - typical rebellious teens. The voiceover goes something like ‘drunk drivers kill many people every year’. The cop walks up to the driver side, and all of a sudden a car zooms past, hits the cop and he goes flipping onto the hood of the teen’s car and they all freak out. The voiceover ends with ‘[name] is one of them’.

I just cringe when I see that one, because the shock of collision and the thunk when the cop hits the hood are so dramatic and sudden.

Super Soaker Oozinator

In a kind-of “what were they thinking” scary.

I hate those, but the one I hate the most is worse.

It’s the stoners in the drive through, and we see the scene play out several times, each time slightly different. First, the driver is so stoned that he has a hard time driving, stopping & jumpy-starting. Each time we see it, he gets a little farther up in the drive through line. Eventually, he does the “jump forward” thing near the sidewalk and hits a little kid on a bike.

Seriously. Those ad people are assholes.

Dude. A double double post.

I hear you, man…just thinking about that creepy fiberglass face creeps me out.

Dooku (and others): we’ve had numerous complaints about links to jack-in-the-box type sites, so I’ve disabled the link. Anyone who wants to go there can, but people won’t go there accidentally (or not knowing what to expect.)

And while I was at it, I killed Talon’s double post.

You want disturbing? Check out these three, for Midnight Spank on G4TV…

Calico-Colored Guinea Pig
Deer
Butterfly

oh dear god not the horrible bag…

I am not a fan of the Gatorade commercial where a basketball ‘egg’ squirms and grows, cracks open, and a mean-looking basketball player emerges. Very creepy.

It doesn’t scare the crap out of me, but when ever the MADD ad with the crying baby ('Emily [crying baby]‘s mother was killed by a drunk driver’) comes on I wince and hunt for the remote.

That one drives me nuts. There’s a reason why there are no crying infants in my house, I don’t need to hear it on TV. That cry is just so loud and shrill!

It’s, for me, how fiborous and weirdly lumpy the ball/egg is that brings the creepage in this one. It’s almost flesh-like as he bursts through. Urgh.

Alarm clock noises should be banned from the airwaves. No. From life.

There was one a few years back, that only I seem to be able to recall, where there are some teens in a darkened house at night. There’s a radio playing, and the announcer breaks in to announce that there is something called a Tickle Bear on the loose in the area. Suddenly, someone wearing one of those theme park style bear costumes bursts through the door and starts chasing and tickling everyone.

This could also be posted in the thread about your own little slice of hell. :eek:

Has no one here seen the Giant Ant commercial? That shit was crazy!

It begins with a man on his front lawn, playing catch or something with a Giant 6 Foot Tall Ant. Things are bizarre up until this point, so I had to sit down and really see where they were going with it.

Then, for no reason, the ant gets pissed off and just goes crazy. Starts attacking the guy and stuff, so the guy runs to his car, gets in, and tries to drive off. But the ant rips off the door like the Russian womans gymnastic team if they were locked out of a McDonalds.

So, then, the ant pulls the guy out of the car, and then we see him dragging the kicking and screaming guy down this giant hole.

Seriously, why the hell would you need to advertise like that? I can possibly see it, if you were an exterminator. But that wasn’t the case here, I think it was for Starburst or something.

Wow, I need to go lie down.