Community 5.09 "VCR Maintenance And Educational Publishing" 3/13/14

5.01/5.02 “Repilot”/“Introduction to teaching”
5.03 Basic Intergluteal Numismatics
5.04 Cooperative Polygraphy
5.05 Geothermal Escapism
5.06 Analysis of Cork-based marketing
5.07 Bondage and Beta Male Sexuality
5.08 App Development and Condiments

I got a few laughs out of it, but the VCR game was more stupid than funny, I thought.

It was funny because it was real. Real stupid.

I thought the tag at the end was so random and hilarious.

I liked the actor who played the VCR game cowboy.

Vince Gilligan, the creator of Breaking Bad

Yeah, it was great seeing Gilligan on Community. And Gina Gershon is still smokin’ hot.

I really liked this one, I thought it was better than last week’s.

Who was the textbook appraiser? So familiar but I don’t know why!

Paul Williams, actor, pianist, and Muppet songwriter.

Also Annie’s brother was played by Spencer, Dan Harmon’s dungeon master on Harmontown! This wouldn’t mean anything to anyone except Harmontown podcast listeners.

Wait, who did Gina play in the episode?

I knew he looked familiar but I never would have guessed it was him.

It was a fun episode but I am looking forward to next weeks.

She was the wife in the end tag.

Man, Shirley can get evil quick.

By the way, Yvette Nicole Brown was on *Psych *this week.

Ah! Thanks. He’s in one of those episodes of Voyager I’ve seen five or six times so that explains it.

Also, if Annie’s brother was only 13 when Annie went to rehab he’s only supposed to be what, 19 now? I’ve lost track of how much time has passed since the show started.

I thought the guy in the VCR game was Clint Howard until the end scene.

I don’t think it was ever stated. The gang all went threw 4 years of college, & this season appears to take place a year or two after they all graduated. Also has Annie actually re-enrolled in Greendale (like Abed & Britta) or is she working there (like Jeff & Shirley)? :confused:

Annie was enrolled in both Hickey’s and Jeff’s classes at the beginning of this season (after they all decided to come back).

I thought it was a pretty good episode but I have one little nitpick. When Annie and Abed were arguing about who would be the third roommate, Annie suggested flipping a coin, and Abed said “No, that creates alternate timelines.” But in the episode with the alternate timelines, weren’t they created by rolling a die instead of flipping a coin?