Could we create/add an MMP tag?

Would it be possible to create a tag for the MMP?

I’ll admit I have less than zero understanding of how the process of creating a new tag works.
I do know how to add an existing tag to a new thread … but is the above ^^ request something a mod would hafta do?

And if so, would it be deemed useful?

Edited in by WE?, mmp the requested tag.

It would be easy to add if desired.

I could set Discourse to look for MMP and auto assign the tag going forward.

Going backwards will take some work, but from July 2020 forward is very easy.

I don’t know how useful it would be, but we can create one for you.

It will bump all of the old MMP threads if we add the tag to them.

(Ninja’d by WE?)

I have a 2 step method now to avoid the bump. I’ll go find and add it here.

I’ve gone back to August of 2023. Any other Mod that wants to add more of the tags is more than welcomed to take over.

And more importantly… should we? (ominous music in the background)

I, for one, am adamantly against it because I don’t know what it is.

mmp is the tag, for now at least.

Wow, that was amazingly fast. Thank you!!

Creating the tag is easy. Doing the tagging of older threads can be time consuming so I only went back to last August.

If any other Mods want to add more, it would be most appreciated.

I just had a tooth extracted and I will probably disappear most of today.

With the help of @Aspenglow, it looks like we have 104 threads tagged MMP now. This is the bulk of the ones started on Discourse. (June 2020)

Thank you!

I just clicked on the tag and selected “Watching First Post”. Hopefully that means I’ll get notified of new mmp threads and don’t have to go searching.

Holy crap, you all deserve a beer or something.

Thanks for a lot of help in building a search from Discourse

This search let me find the rest of the MMPs from after the switch to discourse.
MMP Miscellaneous and Personal Stuff I Must Share in:title in:untagged after:2020-06-01

Also learned of a list of Search Tips and Tricks.

OK, I found a technique using the search to tag 50 threads at a time that doesn’t bump the threads.

We now should have nearly every thread that had MMP in the Title tagged as mmp.

998 threads are tagged as such.

This.

I just have to comment how much I see myself in this. Was there a great need to have tags for threads pre-2020? Probably not. But it’s an unsolved challenge that MUST BE SOLVED!

It’s a mix of completionism along with taking pleasure in finding some elegant way to do something, even when the ends maybe don’t justify the effort.