Czar's Cars-Have I Got A Deal For YOU!

1. What kind of vehicle(if any) do you currently drive?
  2. What kind of vehicle(limited to current production-line only, no fantasy vehicles or designer specials) would you like to trade it in for?

for me:

1. Currently, no vehicle(lost my Dodge Caliber a year ago).
  2. I think I would be happy with a Hyundai Tucson. It rides nice and quiet, and has room for My Beloved’s mobility chair. If I lived in California, I would have chosen the Tucson Fuel Cell.

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante. Pretty nice, for as old as it is.

shakes fist I was going to ask for a pristine 1980 BMW M1.

If price, fuel, insurance, and maintenance is no issue, maybe a BMW 750i xDrive. (But that’s verging pretty close to “fantasy vehicle”).

Realistically? Something like a nice Nissan Altima.

1. Hyundai Elantra
  2. I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. Cars are transportation to me and the concept of “fun to drive” is meaningless (driving is not fun in any respect). My goal would be to pick something inexpensive (both in price and in long-term cost) and dependable.
  1. 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. I’ll keep it for 4 or 5 more years. It’s pretty much the perfect car for me. I have my fingers crossed that the new (in 2017) Nissan Armada based on the popular Nissan Patrol will fit the bill for my next car.

2. 2004 Dodge Ram. Shortbed 4x4. Got it a few years ago. Put a new plow on the front and a 10,000 lb. Warn winch on the back. It’s pretty much a perfect plow truck. I’ll probably keep that until I don’t need a plow truck any more. That’s about 15 years out.

1. Jeep Wrangler

2. Jeep Wrangler

I’ve been driving manual transmission Wranglers for a long time. When my mileage hits 150,000 I trade for a new one. The car before my current Wrangler was a Jeep Patriot, which I absolutely despised; never again.

ETA: I like the two door Wranglers. First thing I do after purchase is to pull out the back seat to make room for the dogs. The front passenger seat gets loaded down with my stuff and the bird’s travel cage, making it a one-person car, but I love it.

Current production line.

The Dodge Truck is my second vehicle. Not something I want to acquire. I already have it.:slight_smile:

By “fantasy” I meant things like the Batmobile. The BMW 750i xDrive is certainly allowed.

Got it-sorry.

No worries. I wasn’t real clear. And I DID break your rules on the Nissan Armada/Patrol. It won’t be out until this summer. :smack:

1. 2015 Ford F-150 4x4, gray.
  2. 2015 Ford F-150 4x4, red.

I currently own and drive a 2013 Ford Edge SEL AWD. It’s decent but has enough odd quirks (g-d-nd door latches, etc) that I am perfectly willing to get rid of it.

I will trade it in for a 2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Double Cab 4WD. Low gas prices are making me want to return to driving a pick-up, but to be honest the mpg isn’t all that different from the Edge I’m currently driving.

We’ll just say it’s on backorder. :smiley:

1. 2014 Mazda CX-5
  2. 1989 Toyota 4Runner V6 (the last model with the fiberglass shell)
  1. 2013 Honda Civic LX. Vanilla, but good-quality vanilla.

2. BMW 4-series coupe.

New car-current production line only, please.

Oops, sorry…okay, I’ll go with the current 4Runner.

2004 Buick. A few months ago, it replaced a 1988 Sable. I live by the credo that vehicles are terrible investments, reinforced by the negative ROI I’ve gotten on every single one. I’ve saved tens of thousands of dollars over the years that I’ve been able to spend on other frivolous, worthless crap.

I’d like a Tesla but 1) it violates my investment policy, and 2) the price makes it a fantasy vehicle for me. On the assumption that the cost will come down enough only by the time I’m too old to drive, I’ve stipulated in my will that my funeral hearse should be a Tesla. It will be my last ride and I want to enjoy it.

1. What kind of vehicle(if any) do you currently drive?

2. What kind of vehicle(limited to current production-line only, no fantasy vehicles or designer specials) would you like to trade it in for?

3. Honda Fit.

4. I would like a Bugatti Veyron. If that doesn’t count because it is discontinued, I will be perfectly happy with a Lotus Elise.

It looks like Bugatti is still putting them out. I assume you would want the 16.4 Super Sport model?