D2 thread inspired by the EQ thread

ChunkyBeefStew, ChunkyPeaSoup, ChunkyBoneStock … you boys will be revived and brought back into circulation.

Someday.

Someday.

I’m on USEast mostly late on Fridays and anytime the rest of the weekend.

I am account numbnut or numbnut1. If I happen to be on, I have characters at various levels from a lvl18 Bear Druid with no elementals (going for a tank-like Druid) to a lvl92 Sorc with maxed FOrb, TStorm, and Meteor.

I think I’m gonna try the melee Sorc next.

I picked up the game a few weeks back and have been obsessing playing two characters (Paladin/Necromancer). I don’t bother with Battlenet that much, though, because none of my friends play these days and I have no real urge to play with any of the l33t h4x0r dweebs I’ve run across on bnet. The stupidity quotient there seems rather high…

I’d probably be up for a Straight Dope game some time if we were all mostly the same level. Perhaps new characters?

I’m always up for leveling some n00bs. :slight_smile:

Lvling/pwracting newbies? Gaudere’d always up for wasting the big 3 in normal. Kind of a waste for a lvl 81 paladin, but them’s the breaks;)

Interesting sidenote: two of my chars had originally been planned as mules. Now they are both above lvl 30. Sometimes you just wanna use the gear you found:D

Oh, and tattva, whenever you like I can take you through the game. I have that conviction aura, or whatever it’s called that lowers defenses and immunities.

For me, this started when I had too much crap for 8 characters to hold, so I decided to level my mules so they could equip some of the stuff instead of hiding it in the stash. Resulted in some interesting character builds, when I was leveling just to achieve a certain set of stats to equip a particular set of items. Then I figured as long as I was leveling, I should go get cubes too, so I could hold more stuff. Took off from there.

The Avenger rocks (Conviction and Vengeance). I love my pally even though he’s only in the high 40’s, and everyone else loves him too because I have level 15 Fanatacism for my melee-fighting party members and level 15 Conviction for the sorcs.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to this thread, I haven’t been feeling well. I have several open characters but none on BNet at this time, which is why I suggested playing with all-new characters. Would the pre-existant group on US East (pun, Maeglin, etc.) mind if a newly-created character joined in? Or should we just start a new US East group for low-level characters?

This is what I advocate. If this is actually going to happen, I need to go out and buy the expansion. Actually, I should log some solo time with it to get used to it, too.

I wouldn’t mind at all. I have three low-lvls (lvl 1 pally [mule], lvl 9 or so sorc, and lvl 6 barb with berserker’s set) who could use some playing. Then I have a lvl 20 (I think) druid and a lvl 20 assassin with lots of gear waiting for each.

Oh Bonecrush Maul, I love you so.

I also have a lot of equipment that would help low level characters. And I’ll start a new character to be on a level with anyone new.

Well, unless I gear the rest of the night specifically toward d2 (which would be less than amusing), it looks as though tomorrow is my best bet for playing, as my car is currently not on speaking terms with me and that ain’t changing until tomorrow at the earliest.

Tomorrow 9 PM EST a good time to start? We usually play in sdmb/cecil.