Damn you and your smarty-pants "location" entry.

Sorry 'bout that. When I get in touch with reality, I’ll let you know my actual location.

I just want to state for the record that I do live in Bubbaville. Now, you just have to figure out which Bubbaville…

What the hell difference does it make? What I’d really like to know is how old everyone is, so I don’t waste time reading teenagers’ posts.

Sick liasons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park.
-Mikael Akerfelt

What Idlewild said. Where I live is nobody’s business.

I’m not sure where I am. Let me check.

Oh, sure, Muad’Dib, you want to know where everybody else is from, and yet you still insist on listing your own location as “California”–as if such a place really existed outside folklore and urban legends. “Yes, I’m from the magical sunshiney land of California, defended by our mighty king, the Terminator.” Go on, pull the other one.

Pfffth.

My location is really just an effort to place myself in the correct time continuum.

Yes, because I’m Canadian living in America and I say those things as well. And use colour and grey and labour and defense. And eat Cadbury’s.

I live not so North as I used to be. 39.29N, 76.61W as opposed to my previous 62.45N,114.40W.

With my location, I get to be accurate and get a laugh.

Whatever.

:confused:
Do you mean you say “pavement” when you mean “colour,” and you say “fellow” when you mean “grey,” etc.? That’s just weird. Must be a British thing.

Nobody gets the joke in my location.

I dunno, could be a snooty American.

The Great Black Swamp is a true and accurate geography, if not slightly arcane. I am here in the middle of it.

I’ll probably :smack: myself when you explain it, but what’s so funny about Brooklyn?

Maybe a spot for IQ so I can avoid reading the posts of idiots.

(Yes, I meant you)

If you were right here, Muad’Dib, you could get a beef, cheese and bean burrito.

I do think it’s kind of annoying that over in GQ there’s a LOT of questions (usually legal) that have to be followed up with “where do you live?” so the question can be answered correctly.

I sort of share Maud’s rant. But I wish that locations had more of a dating service feel to them. It is very hard for me to pick out the SWM 25-35, Northeast Ohio when people are all from someplace much more clever :wink:

My “Location:” is essentially accurate, but unhelpful.
The actual location engenders an unfortunate association that I’d like to avoid.

As with Jonathan Chance and avabeth, if you get it, you get it.

My location accurately describes my nonphysical location.