Damn you and your smarty-pants "location" entry.

No. I’m. Fucking. Not. I’m just sick of being taken for American.

I say “autumn” too. It’s completely interchangable with “fall.” Does that make me half-British (what would that be, Canadian?)?

I looked at your location before I read your entry, and thought “Ooh, I get it!”

Do I still get a cookie?

My location is extremely accurate.

So there.

But this is my United States of Whatever.

My location is quite accurate. Specifically, I live in the Empire of the Queen Goddess Zen and Princess Moonshadow.

I like to think that my location strikes a nice balance between informative and clever.

I also like to think that I’m a pirate. Arrr!

I have many locations.
I’m not going to get into the whole range of my locations. My immediate locations are:
US
New England
Massachusetts
Westfield
North Elm Street
Work
Second floor
Office
The front desk
A chair
on the 'puter.

I figured that no matter where I am, as long as I’m on the computer, my location will be accurate.
For instance, when I go home, I’ll be in Chicopee, on my street, my house, in the living room, the recliner, on the 'puter.

See? I’m still in the same place but my location hasn’t changed.
:stuck_out_tongue:

congodwarf, is your computer one you take with you from home to work? If not, you’re not on the 'puter, you’re on a 'puter. If it is the same, however, carry on.

:smack: Damn, that didn’t make any sense at all. Make that:
I’m in a different place but my location is still accurate.

Geez - you’re picky.

Is this better? :smiley:

Having fled the city to get here, I think my location is quite apt.

Of course, those damned developers keep trying to alter it to “Suburbia.” :mad:

Like “California” is going to give anyone any meaningful information about where you live. It’s a big state, and attitudes in the north are much different than in the sweltering hell-hole that is Southeren California. With the exception of legal questions, why does location matter, anyway?

Mine’s accurate to within one mile.

I’ve seen some dopers come up with some pretty clever locations.

It’s where World Eater lives!

Nah, seriously. It’s not really the case anymore, but back in the 1930s and '40s, “Brooklyn” was a pretty reliable punchline. See any NY-set movie from that era…Arsenic and Old Lace starts out with a “hilarious” Ebbett’s Field fistfight between da Dodgahs and some other NL team, for example.

Hey it could be Brooklyn, Ohio, USA you know.

Such is the enigma of my location. :stuck_out_tongue:

I get it now. It’s only funny to old geezers. :smiley:

To be honest, I never figured location was all that important for most things. If I was asking about the law, I’d probably include my location. If someone’s trying to ‘figure out’ where I’m coming from based on my geography, I’d rather they didn’t know.

And, all in all, the riverruns back to Howthe Castle and Environs.

Old geezers need a good laugh once in a while too, you know. Maybe even more than you young “hep cats,” with all your Celtic tattoos and elbow rings.

so folks won’t know whose vote I’m canceling.

(aside - do people still go “Woodwarding”? not that I would know this)

I got your location right here!