Dating "exclusively"...

I’m feeling myself fall for this girl I’ve been dating a couple months, but hold back because she’s still dating other people. How long did it take before you and your SO dated exclusively?

It was about two months before my boyfriend and I were dating exclusively (and several more months before we went to bed together) because I had been recently burned by my previous LTR, and I had the mindset that I was going to keep my options open for a while. Well, didn’t last very long :). We’ve been together for almost three years now.

I’m not exclusive just yet. I’m still on the prowl for chi … OWWWWW!!! Damn, slackergirl, stop hitting me! OWWWWW!!! Not there, please … oh, the pain …

Having never dated more than one woman at a time, I would have to say I fall firmly into the “exclusive” category.
If I were to see someone that was seeing other men, I am pretty sure I would not consider it dating, at least not serious dating by any means. And if I start to see someone, I would not initiate other relationships. I think it is unfair to the other person. I mean, if you are going to be in a romantic relationship, there is a certain level of commitment that does not allow for multiple partners.

So I guess this is a long way of saying, the scenario would not apply as I would not allow myself to get entangled like that (theoretically of course :), I haven’t had the opportunity to test it yet)

Heck, I might have to lose the sig if I started dating as I am a bit uncomfortable with the idea of flirting while in a relationship either!

Sorry Elfie :wink: you’ll have to be content with being one of the bestest friends…not a bad deal if you ask my friends!

Ah, would someone define ‘dating’ for me? Ya know it kinda changes with the times. thanks.

Little help here.

When Mrs Chance and I started dating it was exclusive right away.

And, to brag, one week from today we will have been a couple for 15 years (though only married for 7.75).

We started out with an open relationship, seeing as she was still living with her soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend. Shortly after that, I found myself with three girlfriends who were not too content with the situation. They informed me that I should pick one, or they would choose for me, and they’d probably choose ‘none.’

We’ve been together 15 years or so.