Dawson's Struggle Has Ended

Dawson Thomas Jones, born April 28, 1999, died yesterday afternoon. We greatly appreciate the many prayers and good wishes from all of you. Though we are saddened by our loss, we rejoice in his gain. His spirit is now free from the decay and futility of the atoms.

Gaudere, Tris, and Phil, thank you particularly for your recent inquiries. Edlyn was already in Kansas City, to help her daughter with Dawson’s brand new sister, Camden Mercy Jones. Our Lord gave Dawson some time to play with his sister, and boy did he ever! He gave her hugs and kisses, and was his laughing and cheerful self all the way until his tumors hemorrhaged.

He was a fearless little soldier, fighting valiantly for just over a year. In the end, he won. He had touched the hearts and lives of people he never even knew. From the lowly and humble to the high and mighty. Lives changed. Hearts warmed. And children took inspiration from him.

God go with you always, my grandson.

We invite you to visit Dawson’s website, which Edlyn put together. It’s lovely, I think, and captures his bold spirit.

Thank you, friends.

That is so…tough. My condolences to all of you, Lib.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Dawson’s page is beautiful. Thank you for sharing this.

You got me crying, Lib. I feel so bad for your family right now. God bless and keep Dawson.

Why can we all be so vocal and pithy in The Pit, but when things like this happen words pretty much fail us?

If there’s anything that any of us can do to make this time easier for you and your family, please let us know.

And if there isn’t anything we can do, please know that the thoughts of many people on this board are with you all.
{{{{{{Lib and family}}}}}}

(((Lib, Edlyn, & family)))

You’ve always had my respect, and now you have my deepest sympathy for your loss.

May your God bless & keep you and your family in your time of need.

Much love, Cristi

I am so sorry for your loss. Babies dying just seems like the most unfair loss of all. I am glad you had some time with him to make memories though.

Any help we can be on the grieving journey, let us know.

Lib,
I’m so terribly sorry for your loss. The website is beautiful, and so is your grandson. I don’t know what to say so
{{{{Lib and family}}}}

3BM

I’m so sorry. {{{lib}}}

My thoughts go out to you and your family.

I’m so sorry, Lib. :frowning:

Words fail…

:frowning:

So sorry.

I’m very sorry, Libertarian. You and your family have my deepest sympathy.

I’m not lighting candles and I’m not saying prayers - cos I’m a lot more secular than I am religious - but I sure hope Dawson loved the Weavers, cos every song of theirs I’m playing tonight I’m playing for him and for you guys.

And as a little aside; we’ve given a child in the local children’s hospital near us a gift for Christmas - it’s signed, from Dawson…and now I’m gonna cry.

My sincerest condolences to your family.

Thank you all very much. I’ll save this page to show Edlyn as well as Dawson’s young parents, Carrie and Aaron. I know it will raise their spirits.

(Reprise: what a wonderful thing to do! Thank you!)

Best wishes to you and your family, Libertarian. Thank you for sharing Dawson’s life with us, it has truly made this board a better chance.

My condolences.

Melin has asked me to give you her love and sorrow, and I add my own to it. You are in our thoughts and prayers; we hope that by sharing your pain we can help you bear. God’s ways are indeed strange ones…

Much in life is indeed unfair; what’s truly unfair is when there really is nothing more that can be done except await the inevitable. One of life’s worst has got to be outliving your grandchildren.

My sincerest condolences on your loss, Libertarian. Many thoughts of comfort and solace from me, Mrs. O, and the Tzeroling.

Lib & Edlyn,

My deepest sympathies to you and your family. I am pleased to see that you are looking at the positive contribution made by Dawson’s short life, and the gains and hope that can come out of the most difficult situations.

Bill