[QUOTE=catsix]
In your opinion maybe, but I don’t give much of a shit about your opinion or your guidance. Correction, I don’t give a shit at all. I have no idea why you think I even care whether you consider me ‘misguided’. I didn’t ask your advice, nor do I need it. Apparently to you, misguided means I don’t agree with you.
And then there are those who like the opinion and the delivery. Those are the ones that you so snidely refer to as ‘Knights on White Steeds’. They only seem that way to you because you can’t stand the thought that someone might actually like me.
Again attempting to impart some of your so-called wisdom to me. I know you don’t intend it to come off as funny, but it does. Not your words, or even your message, it’s the fact that you think I’m interested in learning anything from you. By the way, you’re not ‘everyone’. You’re actually… closer to no one.
Do you really think that I want you tellin me a thing about trainwrecks? Why are you trying to be all mentor like now and help me avoid these situations? What in the world possessed you to think I want you as a mentor?
[/QUOTE]
Classic. Absolutely classic catsix --it’s her whole “I can disagree with your POV and of course, in my greater wisdom I am right, but you cannot disagree with me because then I will put you down and insult you, because you are not me and therefore wrong.” gambit. It’s so old. From rape to kids to life in general–she may be Mother Theresa in person, but she comes across here as one bitter, contemptous, narrow minded dick. (I think she’ll take the dick bit as a compliment).
It would be nice to know what general region of the country she hales from, if only so that I can be on the lookout next time I’m there, for the courteous thought policewoman (self appointed)…
Off to work, where some elderly men will most likely call me “young lady” and I will like it–because, unlike catsix -I appreciate courtesy. Since the term is not used in a deragotory fashion by these 80+ year old men, no offense is taken.
As to her general point (and Zoe’s )–I agree. Gender discrimination does indeed still exist–but I also don’t think that one can generalize from offering a pregnant woman a seat on a bus that women are still held down by men.
And the delicious irony of the whole thread is that catsix usually insists that women’s claims of discrimination and poor treatment are not valid --the infamous rape thread comes to mind. She is rabidly anti-feminist. In another thread, she states adamantly that no man would have ever held her back from graduating from college* etc, even if she lived in colonial or Victorian times. Social mores and changing values don’t seem to sink in with her.She is law unto her own self; catsix’ RULES!
I do enjoy the added irony of her chaveliers, that and her strident defense of them as “friends”. Chivalry is indeed NOT dead, not even for catsix…
*no, I am not going to search for these threads. I am off to work.