Denver mayoral election

Now listen here bub. Even after it came out that Michael Hancock was
A sexual harasser
A believer in do what I say, not what I do.
Want more misogyny in his term? When a man was hired as Sheriff, his press secretary talked about his background and qualifications. When he hired a woman, his press secretary talked about her great smile.
The people of Denver still re-elected him. So let’s say I don’t have a lot of confidence in the Democratic voters of Denver. The biggest issue facing Denver is the homeless problem and remember that Hancock has completely mismanaged that AND the migrant issues with
Bussing them to Chicago then
Shutting down the shelters for the migrants then
Begging the Archdiocese of Denver to shelter the migrants because the city had no shelters.
The other issue is affordable housing. With Denver’s growth, many prople simply caanot afford to buy a home in Denver which puts it as par for the course with many American cities.

Like many cities, this was the primary and assuming no one gets a majority, the top two vote-getters will run in the general later this year. It looks like that will be two moderates:
Kelly Brough - President and CEO of the Denver Chamber of Commerce. A democrat but very pro-business. She sounds almost like a Republican on some issues but definitely centrist not right.
Michael Johnston - Former state senator. He has an education background. I don’t know a lot about him other than the teachers I know in Denver hate him.

Nice rant. What’s the punchline?

I see a red state with some pretensions to reddish-purple in the big cities that has far rightists and moderate rightists running for mayor. Which the mostly right-leaning primary voters are eating up.

Colorado? Our top-5 elected state officials are Democrats. Our state legislature is one seat away from being a Democratic super-majority in both houses. Both of our US Senators are Democrats. Our US House delegation is 5D/3R. The big lie in national politics is that Colorado is not a firmly blue state.

Thank you. I can never resist ranting against Hancock.