Describe your ideal mate in three words or less

If you had to narrow it down, what would you say are the three most important qualities you are looking for in a romantic and/or sexual partner? If you can, try to rank them in decreasing order of preference. If you want, please specify your age, sex and orientation along with your answer. Thank you.

And before anyone asks me to try my own medicine, I am a 30 year-old straight male and my ideal woman is:

1. beautiful;
  2. kind;
  3. honest.

Your turn.

37, female, straight

1. Intelligent
  2. Funny
  3. Nice

30, Male, Straight

1. sweet
  2. Tolerant
  3. athletic

40, female, straight

1. Gentle
  2. Protective
  3. Intelligent

24, female, straight

1. Compassionate
  2. Intelligent
  3. Hilarious

These have never really changed for me.

My spouse qualifies, with the delightful twist that his ‘‘hilarious’’-ness is completely unintentional. I spend much more time laughing at him than laughing with him. But it works!

44, male, straight.

You have described my “perfect woman.”

If you are what you want, and I weren’t married already, I might be interested… :slight_smile:

1. Enjoys cooking really good food: it really says it all, the way to a mans heart goes through the digestive system

2. Likes to be outdoors: walking barefoot through the forrest, skinnydipping, hiking, skiing, fishing, berrypicking etc.

3. Is independent: even though being a wife and a mother, does not succumb to being an ingrown housewife, but has a job and is able to entertain parts of her own time
    I, a 34 year young straight male, have spoken. Ugh!

29, female, straight.

1.) Sweet
2.) Funny
3.) Mellow

It takes intelligence to be funny, and patience to be mellow, and a gentle disposition to be sweet. They are all tied together and they are all essential, AFAIC.

24, female, straight

1. Competent
  2. Kind
  3. Whimsical*

*This isn’t the exact word I’m after but I can’t think of a way to describe the kind of irreverent humour I like. How about this: the other night we were with a group of friends talking about teeth. One of these friends (Joel) has a beard that looks so right on him that whenever I think of Joel I think of his beard. Anyway during this discussion my fiance says “Joel’s teeth have beards”. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. I know I’ve taken extra words but I wanted to clarify how I meant “whimsical” and didn’t want people thinking that I wanted a guy who wore an octopus on his head or something.

Apparently, I’m the only one so far who cares about looks or honesty? Coincidence? :dubious:

Apparently, I’m the only one so far who cares about looks or honesty. Coincidence? :dubious:

“Tea? Yes Please!”

Ranger, Chaotic Good.

33 male, and I choose

1. happy
  2. sexy
  3. independent

Happy is the most important, though I never seem to realize it until I’m dating a girl who brings zero joy into my life. A good general disposition is sine qua non from now on.

1. Not

2. Too

3. Psycho

The three qualities I require in a mate:

Wit
Lust
Integrity

It sounds easy when you break it down that way. So far, not so much.

Smart.
Kind.
Funny.
53, female, straight

Female, 38.

Capable
Kind
Honest

Found him, too.

29 male, straight.

My wife.