Describe your mundane meal Top Chef style.

For lunch today I had an egg remoulade delicately spiced with freshly ground Malabar pepper, salt and pimenton. It was served on a light and airy multigrain bread with a soft, chewy crust. Otherwise known as an egg salad sandwich.

For dinner tonight: Double-coated, tenderized, well marbled steak cooked in rendered bacon fat over high heat until caramelized and drizzled with bechamel sauce. Complimented with pomme puree generously coated with fresh butter. Chicke-fried steak with mashed potatoes.
This one I read: Pureed nut spread with a grape relish reduction paired with a brioche bun. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Funny, I was just trying to sell Mr. Tenacious on lunch leftovers. I told him it was prime sirloin, minced and sauteed with pommes de terre and a rich sauce of creme fraiche, herbs, and fresh ground pepper.

last night while he was out I made Hamburger Helper potatoes stroganoff. When we are both here I make fabulous meals with fresh healthy ingredients, but once in a while I need my guilty indulgences. As always, it was not as good as I remembered.