Desparately seeking Nick

According to IMDB Nick Cage appears in “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” as Brad’s Bud, but credited as Nick Copolla. I was watching it again last night and for the life of me I could not pick him out. This isn’t the wide screen version so I guess it is possible that he was off screen. Could some of yu 80’s movie freaks help me out?

PS: Phoebe Cates is still the CUTEST thing God ever put on this planet.

PPS: New thread: Best masturbastion scene?

1. Judge Rheinhold in “Fast times”
  2. Ben Stiller in “…Mary…”
  3. Kim Bassinger in “9 1/2 weeks”

He’s one of Brad’s co-workers at the burger shop, and I think also one of the stoner buds who hung out with Spicoli.

He’s unmistakable, despite the different name.

Oh, and while we’re on the subject of masturbation scenes: Spanking the Monkey, but David O. Russell (Three Kings). A whole movie about a guy who tries to take care of things and can’t.

Slightly off topic, but “Spanking the monkey” has one of my favorite on-screen dialogues.

Young man feeling guilt over incestuous relationship with mother gets in an argument and in a moment of anger grabs his mother by the neck. Horrified by his actions, he releases her and sits back aghast.

Right at that time, pot-smoking friend pops his head at the window and asks:

“What are you up to?”
“Choking my mother.”
“Whoa! You’d better get out of the house then.”

It seems lame now, but the delivery in the movie is very funny.

Jacques Kilchoer
Workers of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains.

Since Francis Ford Coppola (sp?) is Nick’s Uncle, that sort of explains the name.

(This is not confirmed data, I just read it at one of the Nicholaus Cage websites)

trisha

Yes, Copolla really is Nick’s uncle. After hearing that Nick was in ‘Fast times,’ I watched it extra carefully to see if I could spot him. No dice. I later heard that his few scenes ended up on the cutting room floor. I did see a young Eric Stoltz spill out of that smoke-filled van, however.

There may be more than one version of this movie floating around. I also heard that the soundtrack was changed significantly from theater to video. Any truth to that?

This is entirely inadmissible as evidence, but I had a chance to see FTARH on a big screen a couple years ago. I noticed Nick easily, without looking for him. (“Holy sh*t! That’s Nicholas Cage!” “Shhhh!!!”)

It’s been a loong time since I’ve seen it on video, but I got the impression that there were some scenes that I hadn’t seen before.

-andros-

“Listen Children Eternal Father Eternally One!” Exceptions? None!
-Doc Bronner

Spicoli’s stoner friends wee Eric Stoltz and Anthony Edwards.