Desperate Housewives 5/7

Usually the simplest explanation is the best (Occam’s razor, and all that) – we see Andrew attempting to seduce Peter; then we next see Andrew in bed, Peter half-dressed in the bathroom. It would take a HUUUGELY convoluted sequence of events to come up with an alternative explanation…but that’s probably exactly what we’ll see.

And I’ll still be ticked off.

What else could have happened to cause Peter to be wearing just his shorts? If there was a gigantic spill, he should be in the laundry room, not Bree’s bathroom.

Interesting. I was just having a conversation with my father about this general trend. He posits that writers will do whatever they need to to put forth one scene and count on the short attention span of viewers to not connect the dots. A character you’re supposed to loathe in one scene is sympathetic in another and you’re supposed to care about someone who was invented to have no redeeming characteristics.

Bingo. Sloppy writing happens, but it’s endemic on this show. Case in point: Matthew Applewhite & Bree’s daughter, whatshername. They’ve had…what? 3 scenes together all year? But when the time comes that they may be separated, they’re positively Tristan & Isolde – Matthew is willing to kill his brother, and Daughter is willing to break up her mother’s relationship with Peter.

:rolleyes:

gigi – exactly!

We know that comedy and drama can be successfully mixed, and that characters can be placed in wildly unrealistic situations and remain in character. Soap did it, and so did Buffy, Angel, and Firefly. DH did it in the first season, but either the writing staff has changed, or they’re just lazy.

Once the fire was noticed, the scene cut - so it is unclear who found who, but you did see Susan and her daughter arm and arm watching the house burn down, so at least the fire didn’t turn into another murder.

Andrew is no fool…don’t look for him in the next episode, but I am sure he will return with a vengeance. The creator of the show, Marc Cherry, is openly Gay and I doubt seriously he will let his main Gay character disappear forever into the sunset. Look for Andrew to return in a lively fashion sometime soon; if not this season, then at the beginning of the next season.

Perhaps Andrew will become a hustler. That’d frost Bree pretty good, and could lead to some interesting visuals…

I wonder where Justin factors into all of this as well. We don’t really know anything about Justin’s background or home life, do we? Was Justin John’s college roommate that Carlos beat up or was that someone else entirely? Maybe they’ll end up living together happily ever after.

“Oh, dude, I am so sorry for dumping that plate of cocktail shrimp on your pants! I don’t think my mom got rid of my dad’s clothes yet…come on upstairs, let’s see what we can find for you to change into.”

:smiley:

“…YAWN…suddenly I’m so sleepy, I better strip and slip into Mom’s bed…” :stuck_out_tongue: