DFW Dopers - rjk's coming...

Just thought I’d bring this back to the top since it’s only a little over a week away.

The only people I have heard from other than those posting in this thread are, ExTank (can’t make it, going to be in the northeast that weekend), ayesha (can’t make it, something silly about a 23rd anniversery), and Kookalouris (planning on attending).

I think Zy & rjk are planning on being there, too.

So, are we in agreement that it’s going to be at 7 pm, May 5th at El Arroyo (The Ditch)?

Jim

Thanks, Jim. You can disregard that email I just sent you (aside from copying the correct address into your address book :slight_smile: ).

I should be spanked for letting this thread drop so badly. Ok, the line starts at the right. :wink:

I am so looking forward to sharing my b-day with y’all! Thanks JimB for bumping this.

Is this our role so far?

Zyada
rjk
JimB
Chef Troy
Balance
Grace
Palmyra
Kookalouris (ooh, goodie, a virgin)

Maybe’s
Aglarond
bdgr
beatle

Cheffie, you want to see if ShadowMaster wants to come? BTW, is he still on the doesn’t need to know list?
Grace, what about Hootie?

My car is in the shop, and it sould be ready by May 5th, so I will try to be there.

Pete
Take off every .sig for great justice!

Hey guys, can I crash your party? I’m fairly new and have been wanting to meet some of y’all. I live 100 miles away but my son lives in Dallas and I go to see him about once a month, I can kill :wink: two birds with one stone!
May I please??
I’ll check back here later or someone can email me.

BTW, Palmyra, I just love Garfield! oops, spoiler huh. Used to be my nickname at work till it kinda faded away.

Hope to hear from somebody, anybody.

dob

Hey dob! Anyone’s welcome that can make it to the restaurant at approximately the right time. Just ask for “Adam’s party” or “Addam’s family” (believe me, it fits) or look for the rowdiest table with the strangest assortment of people - that’ll be us!

We’ve been known to pull total strangers into the party! (Well, they can’t get any stranger than we are)

(Be gentle with me) :slight_smile:

I will try and make it.

I am one of those country hicks from Fort Worth, though, and will try to make my way to the Big City without getting lost.

Thanks for the map.

I haven’t talked to Hootee in awhile but I’ll call her tomorrow to see if she wants to come hang with us.

See y’all on the 5th. Has anyone heard from Aglarond? How’s he doing?

Aglarond’s back, but he was having internet problems at home, and boss problems at work, so he hasn’t managed to post much. He said in his comeback thread that he’d try to make it. He’s still weak, but eating like a horse (except that horses don’t eat steak)

Hey, anybody who can kill two birds with one stone must have really good aim - I’d like to see that.

[PETA]of course it’s WRONG to kill two birds with one stone… have you ever considered that those two birds are living creatures who deserve to live without fearing the Heat-Seeking Aerolith of Doom that kills, then swoops around to kill again? WHAT KIND OF MONSTER ARE YOU?!?[/PETA]

Hee hee… look forward to meeting you.

I don’t have his new number at home but I think I have his cell-phone number written down somewhere.

And yes, he is on the doesn’t need to know list. So if everyone is looking forward to an evening of discussing my bisexuality over una asno-carga mejicana de la cerveza (i.e., an ass-load of mexican beer), then let’s leave him off the guest list. grin

um… wha? garfield…? i’m suddenly rather confused… =)

Whaddya mean, suddenly?

ducks and runs

Chef Troy

Reckon you’ll find out soon enough! PETA I’ll leave for another time so we don’t get thrown in the Pit.

Palmyra

What ‘wha’? Ah, fergit it.

Looking forward to meeting y’all. Got the map printed out, read some of ya’s profiles :eek:. Oh my, oh my.

:smiley:

Well, Palmyra, you did post right after Odieman up above. Maybe dobbinaire just missed? Or maybe it was because you were “chasing” Odie?

I’d wondered, too, dobb. You wanna explain, or you wanna get teased about your aim? :smiley:

We get to meet a couple of new Dopers this time–I’m looking forward to it. I promise not to detonate anything near you without due warning.

erm, ya jes’ playing with me or what? Ok, ok, um, the 18th message, by Palmyra, has a sig : what the hell is ‘this’? ‘this’ is in blue, i.e. a link. Okay, I clicked on it. Now you go do it, and see what I mean.

And, Balance, yes please give warning! We don’t always get that at the HobbesHoneys.

[hijack] I don’t know how to create links yet, gotta goto ATMB and practice. [/hijack]

dob

Oh, that. I forgot about the Garfield page that’s buried in there. :slight_smile: It’s actually a master list of all the pages on the site.

Uh-huh. I just spent five minutes wondering wha? huh? myself. And when I clicked on it this time Garfield wasn’t even there. Okay, neat. Now I know why you were confused. :slight_smile:

Counting the days…

sigh

So, Zy, I guess it is final that the gathering of the Addam’s family is at ‘The Ditch’ at 7pm on the 5th, right?

Should I send another invitation or do you think everyone has gotten the message?

What happened to the idea of you taking over the invitation list, anyway?

(((( BTW, anyone not getting invites to DFW gatherings, make sure I have an E-Mail address for you. I can blind copy you if you want to give me an address that you don’t want spread around. ))))

Jim