DFW Dopers - rjk's coming...

considering we’re going to a mexican restaurant on Cinco de Mayo (translation: thank you for the mayonnaise), it would probably behoove us to send an emissary to hold the table. I’m dropping Chef Jr. off at his kids’ night out thing at six… I’ll make tracks to the Ditch as soon as I do. I can probably be there between 6:15 and 6:30. If someone else wants to wait with me I’d love the company.

also, I thought it might be a good idea to tell the new folks that “The Ditch” is a nickname. The restaurant’s official name is El Arroyo.

I was thinking of showing up early myself. So, we can probably down a few before the others get there.

Jim

Sounds fun, I’ll check with my better half…she’s been complaining of boredom lately, so maybe she’ll go for it…

You know me. Just rockin’ the house from left to right, right to left. My appetite’s back, so I’m all up for Mexican this Saturday. Put me down as a definite. Also, please put me down as someone who needs directions again. If there’s a map link in the thread, I missed it.

Oh, and Zyada, the problem’s not with my boss. He’s still the most bestest boss in the whole wide world. Really. It’s the guys in sys admin who are forcing me to route through a proxy. :smiley: Nobody blocks my sites. My access at home is fine everywhere, except to these boards. I’m still trying to figure that one out. I’m wondering if there’s some sort of SBC/Cecil Adams conspiracy going on.

See you guys Saturday.

Did I say a silly thing like this? :stuck_out_tongue: If you want, we can talk about how to take care of this in the future.

I sent a reply all on the invite, so hopefully everyone will know what’s going on, even if they aren’t checking the thread.

Aglarond - do a search on “map”, eh?

What do you need a map for? You already know the directions. It’s just like going to Cheffie’s (Walnut Hill) except you turn right on…uh, that street with the light. It’s right past the hospital.

This is why I don’t give directions. Use the map. :smiley:

pats Grace on the head

That would be Greenville, dear.

But I don’t recommend coming down Greenville from Walnut Hill. It’s fifty times more difficult to spot the place if you’re southbound. If you’re coming from the north, go on down Central to Park Lane, east to Greenville, and back north on Greenville. El Arroyo is in the “Vickery Something” shopping center (so sue me, I can’t remember the other part of the name) at the northeast corner of the intersection of Greenville and Pineland. In case you need the phone number there, it’s (214) 363-4464.

removes Chef’s hand from my butt

That’s not my head, dear. ;D

Sure! Sure! Make fun of me now, but just wait. One of these days you are going to need help in the Far North Dallas/Plano/Frisco area and am I going to help you?

Probably.

No, no, Grace. I was patting JimB on the hand. I just figured that’s where it would be.

My hand on Grace’s butt? I think that only happens in my dreams.

In real life, I’d probably pass out from the excitement.

Jim

See, Ms. Smarty Pantses. If I hadn’t asked for a map, Chef would have probably never mentioned not to go down Walnut Hill, which I would have done. :stuck_out_tongue:

You shouldn’t pick on me. I’ve never picked on any of you. And I’m sick or something. Yeah, that’s it. I’m sick. So be nice to me. My poor, withering, thin skinned soul can’t handle the abuse.

You’d probably wind up unconscious, but it would be from Grace’s wicked right hook rather than from fainting.

[sub]I know MY jaw is still sore.[/sub]

and Ag, I’m sure YOU could find it coming south on Greenvilee from Walnut Hill, since you’ve been there before… I was concerned more for the new folks, since last time we ate there several people said they drove past the place a couple of times before seeing it.

How do I always miss these things?

Hey, everyone! An Austin Doper signing in. I’ll be in Dallas that weekend, coming up on Sat. morning and staying 'til Sunday. How can I join you all?

Can I get instructions here or someone email them to me? I’ll be staying in a motel somewhere, not sure at this point. Can anyone help?

Much Gras!

Don’t let Jim fool any of you. He’s definitely NOT the shy, pass out from excitement type of guy. He’s a little smoothy. I’ve seen him grab Hootee’s hooters, slip money in a lady’s cleavage, and sneak a kiss from me and I don’t recall any of these ladies slapping him. And, since I witnessed or was part of these things, I know he didn’t pass out.

Cheffie, I didn’t hit you. It was more of a love tap.

Of course, you realize that the newest member to the DFW family has to buy at least one round of drinks. :wink: :slight_smile: Your other choice for hazing is the naked lambada.

Freyr - please come! 7 pm Saturday at El Arroyo - do a search for “map” on the first page and that will be a link to an interactive map. If you want better directions than that, someone else will have to help you!

So, watcha slummin’ in Dallas for? :wink:

Freyr, I’ve added you to the DFW Family out-of-towners list. that should keep you informed of any of our gatherings.

Grace, you mean that I’m as good at hiding my shy, reserved side as you are at hiding your, uh, wild side?

Jim

Hey, rjk…

Do you think you could fit me into your suitcase? :slight_smile:

Scotti

Scotti - are you sure you want to be stuck in the trunk will rjk and I get “re-acquainted”?