Did the Lindsay Clancy thread disappear?

I was almost certain I saw one at some point. But now I can’t find it, and searching turns up nothing.

There are a couple of mentions in the Evil MFers thread in the Pit, but I thought there was a more thorough discussion than that, and I can’t find it either.

We might get better search results using Google search, but I can’t remember the syntax, I don’t use it very often.

Would like to find one yet have fears.

Also recently mentioned here w some followup in later posts

Yeah, there was one, I remember it. Not in the Pit. IMHO or Misc.

I recall seeing the thread, but I wasn’t following it, didn’t note what forum it was in and have no explanation for where it went. Hopefully someone did and can.

Thanks.

Moderators: Is there any way to find out what happened? (I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a thread simply disappear without a trace.)

A search on Google would look like this:

“Lindsay Clancy” site:straightdope.com

The only useful result it came up with is this thread.

Have any of you flagged this thread for moderator attention? Just mentioning “Moderators” in a question doesn’t assure that a mod will read this thread and respond to the question.

It actually happens regularly, when the thread was started by a trock or spammer.

And it is just possible, IIRC that the thread starter was someone I did not recognize, and that the full name was not given in the title.

That could be.

In this case, because it’s in ATMB, @engineer_comp_geek will review it. And he’s well equipped to figure out what happened to the thread. No need to flag, though generally speaking, if you want moderators to look at something, @kenobi_65 is correct.

Did anyone here post to the thread? Or receive any email notifications about it?

We moderators can see disappeared threads, if we have a link, but I think they still don’t show up on search results for us.

Is it possible there is a different spelling used? Like “Lindsey”? I think that would affect search results. (I really don’t know…just a thought.)

No, i was considering it, but the crime is very emotionally charged.

Anyway, when i saw it, the Op was like a single line, and there were only a few posts. I am thinking it got cornfielded. Another thread on it could be started.

I have a different recollection. I remember the thread being about 280 posts long and I remember that because it surprised me. I never opened the thread and never posted to it, so that’s the extent of what I recall. And I’ll allow that may be a faulty memory.

Can anyone remember the approx. date when the thread was active? The Wayback Machine appears to contain a fairly thorough index of the Straight Dope.

It would have been fairly recently. I remember it got quite active right after the jury hung and that put the case back in the news. The thread kept popping up to the top of the ‘Latest’ list, and I noticed that. So… a week ago, maybe?

I admit the same, but the # of posts was only when I first clicked and told myself- “Nope.”

For what it’s worth, I searched through the deleted threads in every forum and did not see anything with a title that would indicate the thread was about Lindsay Clancy. I didn’t find anything in the cornfield either.

I also tried a variety of search terms but only found threads that have already been mentioned.

I thought of starting a thread about Clancy because I was surprised we didn’t have one yet. But I never got around to it. I searched the board using the hourglass up top, which is much more useful than it used to be but when I looked, there was nothing. That was around the time of the mistrial, maybe a day or two later.