Did the mobile-friendly version of the site go away?

I mostly visit here using Chrome on my Android. Up until a few days ago, I got a pretty decent mobile-friendly version of the site. But now I just get the full version. Did something change on the site?

That’s the first report I’ve seen. It’s working for me but I have an iPhone. I’ll ask some of the more techie mods.

Not aware of any changes. It’ll be Monday before I’ll be able to talk to our tech guy.

In the meantime I’m interested in further reports. Also re Tapatalk, some have had problems with that as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jenny
your humble TubaDiva
Administrator

TubaDiva,

As long as we’re reporting site issues: I’ve recently discovered that, when I’m composing a post, I cannot highlight text within my post (such as to delete or move part of it, or to add a hyperlink to part of it).

This doesn’t seem to be a browser-based issue, as I have the exact same issue in both Firefox and Chrome. And, it doesn’t seem to be an issue with my computer, as I can highlight text on other message boards, and in other programs.

Thank you in advance!

See this sticky at the top of ATMB:
https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=857192

Both firefox and chrome are currently affected.

Thank you!!

I’m using the mobile site on Android with no issues. However, a couple of days ago I got signed out and had to sign back in. That’s never happened before, as far as I know.

I’m a boob. Clearing cache and cookies fixed the problem. I should have tried that first.

Glad to hear the mobile version is working for people.

I’m considering loading an updated version of Tapatalk on the system. This may mean it will not be available to you for a bit, as I’ll probably have to uninstall the old one first. Waiting to hear from the techs on this one, so no changes yet.

Jenny
your humble TubaDiva
Administrator

I likely can even telly you exactly what happened. One poster recently linked the URL, and included the “styleid=12” bit at the end. That changed the style to the old style.

I had to change it back myself, as I use the new style with my userscript that fixes it. (I went to a lot of trouble to make it look the way I wanted, so why not use it?)

Tuba: since you’re contacting the techs, please have them look into what is described here.

I can also tell you how to fix the

blocks. And the spoiler tags.

I’d like to know what happened to the “arrow up” key on the mobile version.

That was around briefly and then gone.

I liked it, but presumably most didn’t.

BigT, we’ll look at everything we possibly can. No promises on what we can fix but we’ll do our best.

Jenny
your humble TubaDiva
Administrator

So, now I’ve got the same issue. I appear to be connected to the desktop version, not the mobile version.

I though I cleared site cache and cookies, but no change.

I’m using Chrome on Android. Did I miss something?

Never mind. It was the “style” that somehow got toggled on me. :smack: