Disturbing Beer Commercial

Now that the NFL has started back up, we are treated to the return of all our favorite beer ads. There’s one in particular which is disturbing to me and I’d like to see if anyone shares my misgivings.

It’s the Bud Light commercial with the football players sitting in the locker room nursing their injuries. The coach comes in and bawls them all out, then leaves. Then the players say, “I thought he’d never leave” and pull their beers out of their ice packs. OK, so far, so good – typical beer commercial fare, right.

But THEN, the guy soaking in the hot tub/whirlpool reaches in the water and pulls something out and asks “Anybody want a Hot Dog?”

This bothers me on a couple of levels.

1. Some guy yells “Anybody want a hot dog” in a locker room and my first reaction is “Deliverance” not “Oscar Meyer”.

2. Assuming I did understand the guy is talking about food rather than sodomy, he’s asking if I want to eat a hot dog that was cooked in his bath water! Uh, I’ll pass, nnnkay.

Or maybe it’s just me.

“Owls will deafen us with their incessant hooting!” W. Smithers

Not disturbing… Just not as funny as other been/sports commercials (the funniest genre of commercials around IMHO) and tedious to see over and over…

Yer pal,
Satan

One of the funniest beer commercials I’ve seen. It’s the gross out factor that makes it so damned funny…Also, that really fat player has a priceless expression while the coach is yelling at him. I love that ad…

It was dark all around.
There was frost in the ground
When the tigers broke free-

Hey Frank6…You shur gut a perty mouth!

Let me hear ya squeal lahk a pig!

Dang yer purtyer then a new set of snow tires.

Hell, boy, you can have MY hotdawg ANYtime…luv tha way ya got all yur teeth and everythang. Yeeeeee Haaawwwwww!!!

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

I think the one with all the snakes is stupid. I’m not sure who it’s for (apparently that ad didn’t work on me! ;)) but I just find it really annoying.