DIY and Hobby projects, small to big. Pictures of course

I’ve been too busy staying on top of a kitchen redo to do any significant DIY lately, but now that the project is finally done DIY has restarted.

Touching up little things in the new kitchen. This morning I lightly sanded the wood floors just beyond the kitchen & foyer and did a light touch-up with stain. It looks much better, though far from perfect. Eventually we’ll have professionals come in and refinish the LR & DR floors. No hurry though.

I’m working on a drawer organizer for the flatware and serving utensils. Custom made to fit our stuff will be nice in the long run.

I may modify the spice rack to give room for over-sized spice containers. My wife doesn’t want a larger spice rack which was my first thought.

I’m also half way through turning an oatmeal container into a round tower for D&D. Overall pretty simple. The upper floor is currently gluing up. If everything holds, next is painting it. This will be my 4th of these I believe.

Next week a metal framed gazebo with a soft top will arrive. Assembling that and securing it should be a fun project. That was also waiting on a nearly dead maple tree to come down that had to wait on the Kitchen Project. But as both are done, I ordered the gazebo yesterday.

My research and experience pointed to the frame supports holding up better then the single supports, so that is the type I ordered. Bonus is you get corner shelves for drinking this way.