Do you have an opinion about Clear wireless internet?

I am currently paying about $200 for home internet, cable and land line from time warner. I am thinking of getting rid this and going with Clear while they have a promotion in my area (Austin) for $75/month for life. I realize that I won’t have cable tv anymore, but aren’t there ways to connect my computer to my TV to watch web based tv, such as AppleTV? Does anyone have experience with Clear?

Thanks,
Rob

I got Clear when I moved because I really didn’t want to go with Comcast. Luckily, I had a local rep who was willing to come out and test the signal in my house before I committed. This was particularly important for me, as my house is on the very edge of all of the surrounding tower signals.

I never got better than 3 out of 5 bars signal, but I was okay with that. It was slower than advertised, but nearly as fast as my previous provider. However, I discovered that the signal is very sensitive to weather. If it rained, I had no internet. I doubt that the service completely goes out for most customers when it rains, but it probably does slow a bit.

For me, it was just too unreliable so I begrudgingly got Comcast. I haven’t really tried out the mobile receiver since most of the places I would use it have wireless already.

So all you would have is wireless internet? No cable TV or phone service? (I assume you’d use your cell)

I only have Time Warner’s cable internet, it’s only $43.95/mo ($2 off/mo because I have my own modem). What is the monthly price in Austin??