Do you nap?

A sofa, a pillow an afghan and sunlight filtered by sheers streaming in through a picture window. Gentle breeze though windows and screen doors. Heaven on earth. 47 by age, 15 by maturity (or so says my wife).

I’m 50. I nap almost every day for at least 20 minutes on my lunch hour. I work at home. On my best nap days, I have a kitty or two keeping me company. Mmmmm… Lovin’ the nap.

I don’t deliberately nap, as in ‘go off to the bedroom and lie down for half an hour’. But I do tend to fall asleep on the sofa at odd times during the afternoon.

I’m 52. I wonder if failing to read to the end of a post is also relating to the aging process?

I love to nap - always have. Granted, I nap more now at 8 1/2 months pregnant than I have before (Saturday and Sunday afternoons, I have a dedicated naptime between 1 and 4 :D), but I’ve always liked a good nap.

And I’m 31.

E.

No, I can’t fall asleep at all unless it’s for the night. It doesn’t actually have to be dark out – I’ve been known to crash at six or seven in the evening after a transatlantic flight – but I need to be secure in the knowledge that nobody will make me wake up until morning, otherwise it feels like there’s no point. I’m 30.

22, and I go through phases. Sometimes I nap on a religious basis. Sometimes I don’t nap because I’ve got stuff to do. But I like sleeping. I like to nap.

I’m 24. I nap. It’s good.

I’m 27, and damn right I nap. I have been a napper for about five years, since I started college. One of my friends even bought me a blindfold so I could nap in complete, lovely darkness.

I’m 35, and I adore a good nap. My bed is my dearest friend, and we don’t get to spend nearly enough time together. Sometimes, on Sundays, I’ll wake up early just so that I can take a nap in the afternoon. Napping (in the US, anyway) is decadent, and I’m a fan of decadence.

Speaking of which, I should go back to the “I’ll never buy” thread and note that I would never, *ever * buy cheap bedding. My bed is good to me, and I’m good to it. Plush pillowtop, comfy pillows, 1000 thread count sheets, and gorgeous duvet covers. My bed is a very happy place.

Yes, I nap on occasion. There are dys I just get so sleepy in the afternoon, and me & the dogs & cats snuggle down on the couch for an hour or 2… one of life’s simple pleasures!

I am 46.

1. Work at home, frequently play music at night. I nap frequently in the 3-4:30pm timeslot. My parents are around lately (remodeling), and as ex-military people, it frustrates them both no end.

I’m 25 and I nap. I’m starting a new job, which really works my brain and wears me out. I find myself falling asleep when I get home, even before supper.

Of course, it doesn’t help that I only get about 5 to 6 hours of sleep a night because I stay up too late.

Whatever, napping is great. It’s best done with company, though, even if it’s only a purring kitty.

1. I enjoy napping and always have but rarely do because I invariably crash out for three solid hours and wake up disoriented and hot. I don’t know how people nap for 20 minutes. But if it’s a day off and I don’t have plans, I love to sneak off and nap…
  1. I try not to. 75% of the time I never fall asleep, so it’s just a waste of time… and 50% of the time I actually do sleep I wake up with a bad headache, so I’m worse off than I was before trying to nap. I’ve found that I’m far better off going to bed a couple hours early, since I’m rarely more productive after a nap anyway.

I used to nap more when I was a teen and in college. I was better at it then!

I’m 20, and I don’t. I usually can’t fall asleep during the day, and if I do I wake up confused. The last time I took a nap was a few months ago when I had a long day with a terrible headache and couldn’t stand to be in a room with any light in it when I got home. I thought I wouldn’t be able to get to sleep, but I slept for a couple hours and woke up with my headache mostly gone. I was still confused and disoriented, though.

I started napping shortly after turning 40, usually for about half an hour to an hour, especially if I’m going out later in the evening.

I hated napping when I was in my 20s. So the OP may be right: it’s something that comes on with age, or at least becomes easier with age.

1. Generally no. I tend to find that if I have a nap during the day I subsequently have trouble sleeping at night.

I nap daily. For one hour on the train commute to work, and another hour on the way back home. :smiley:

I nap, and I’m 35.