Do you pee in the pool?

Make that 20. :smiley: I pretty much always pee anytime I go swimming.

Not since I was like, five. Ew.

Heh. I got ads for products that will remove the odor of cat urine and that will help women pee standing up!

I don’t swim nowadays, but as best as I can recall from childhood, I never peed in the pool.

What I find more disgusting is that the water is sloshing around everyone’s nether regions, and as any state fair will tell you, not everyone practices good hygiene.

Nope. Never occurred to me to do so. And though I’ve tried peeing in the ocean, I just CAN’T. Whenever I try, I feel like I’m peeing forever, and after I get out of the water I still have to go.

The question should be “Do you put water into the pee?”

After seeing that 23 men said “yes”, I think you’re right. :eek:

When I was a kid, yes. As an adult, certainly not!

I haven’t been swimming in a while, but it’s pretty common practice when you’re on a swim team. If you’re in the water for hours at a time then that’s what you do. The volume of pee vs chlorinated water in an Olympic sized swimming pool has to be negligible.

I make sure I walk far enough from a lake so my pee doesn’t leach through the soil and get into the lake. :smack:

And yes, I realize it’s not very rational.

I do pee in the ocean though.

I hope you have all seen the instant-classic (albeit disgusting) South Park episode # 1314: Pee. If you haven’t, enjoy:

Full Episode
Relevant clip: Almost All Pee

“I’ve just finished some tests; the water in your park is now 98% pee”
“Yes, so what’s the problem?”
“Pi Pi, you know that acceptable pee levels in any water park is 83%, you have to shut down!”

“…and the pee will be on your hands”

You people who pee in the pool freak me the fuck out. Why are there so many of you?

Ayup. All those little kids who haven’t yet learned to wipe properly, dragging their poo-nugget-encrusted asses into the pool.

And just about everyone in the water ends up with a runny nose, and whether deliberately or not, a lot of that mucus ends up in the water.

If you don’t mind swimming in a lake, then you should be able to get over the idea that a few miscreants are peeing in an otherwise-clean, well-chlorinated pool. Afterall, a lake has any number of fish, birds, and land animals pissing and shitting into it on a regular basis.

I agree, although swimming through someone else’s warm spot while practising can put you off your stroke a bit.

I dunno. Depends on the gender and appeal of the the other person. :smiley:

I don’t even have a problem with women having their periods in a pool. And if a kid pees in the pool, sure, fine, whatever.

The horror in my case is not that there is pee in the pool. The horror is that ADULTS should be able to get out!

I guess I’ll excuse the swim team though. :slight_smile:

Heck, I’m headed over to the “You’re Emperor of the World - How many people do you kill?” thread.

26% of you are disgusting! I’m never going swimming with Dopers.

It seems you feel Dopers are uniquely depraved in this regard. I’d suggest you try administering this poll on other discussion boards; my prediction is that you will find similar results.

Heh, the funny thing is that figure is probably significantly less than it is for the general population.