Does Chris Brown still have a career?

Or is he pretty much done? I haven’t been keeping up with the whole beating up Rhiana situation but i know he just got sentenced to probation and community labor. What i’m wondering is if he still has a music and singing career left, i haven’t heard anything about new albums or tours and i assume it would be a big deal if he had done any.

Of course he still has a career, this is only a speed bump in the road. If Michael Vick can go on to have a grand career, why not Chris Brown? I’m sure he, too, has droves of fans who really don’t see what all the fuss was about! (and it was actually Rhiana’s fault that made him do that.)

I think he’ll lie low for a while and then come creeping back and make a Triumphant Comeback, complete with thoughtful interviews on how he has learned, and grew, from his quiet time. Cover of People magazine dead ahead within two years, I would bet good money on it.

He’s been working on a new album since last year.

If spousal/DP/GF/BF/BOSS/animal abuse was a career killer, then the following people would be in the toilet:

Ike Turner
James Brown
Michael Vick
Latrell Sprewell
Tawny Kitaen (wait, o.k. scratch Tawny)
O.J. (that’s two. I think I’ll quit while I’m ahead)

So America will forgive Chris, and away he will go. Personally, I think his music sucks big time, so I won’t be wasting my money on it.

They forgave Michael, right?

The wedding entrance video posted in july has 23 million hits. I’d say he still has a career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0

Anyone who likes this has no business calling me a tool for wearing a polo shirt.

Was he really all that popular to begin with?
I hadn’t even heard of him until he beat the shit out of Rihanna.

I hadn’t even heard of him until this thread. Who is he?

I think more than any other kind of celebrity being a pop star is all about image so i can see being a woman beater having a much higher effect on his career than say Michael Vick killing dogs did to his.

Yes, Chris Brown has a future. He’ll be taking over for Tucker Carlson. Having both ears pierced will make him far more cutting edge than poor Tuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYjwwiZdONY (7 seconds into the video)

Harvey Levin of TMZ (yes, he’s a lawyer, and a longtime law professor at Nixon’s alma mater–okay, Nixon went to Duke for law) regularly expresses his disgust that Brown still has a career. I’ve noted it before, but when Harvey-effing-Levin is show business’s conscience, it’s distressing.

I really mainly know him from The O.C.–I think he was on the last season.

He might still have a career if he keeps his mouth shut.
If he keeps saying things like this: “I commend Oprah on being like, ‘This is a problem,’ but it was a slap in my face. I did a lot of stuff for her, like going to Africa and performing for her school. She could have been more helpful, like, 'OK, I’m going to help both of these people out.”, he’s going to be in trouble.

First of all, you don’t diss Oprah.
Secondly, nobody feels sorry for the guy who bashed his girlfriend’s face in, let people forget it instead.
Thirdly, well, you know. :wink:

“Slap in the face” was a poor poor choice of words.

To be fair, the couple feel bad about the connection and are soliciting donations for a charity related to domestic abuse.