Doll parts hanging from tree - whaddya think THAT means?

While walking my neighborhood, I recently noticed a house a couple of blocks from me that had doll parts hanging from a parkway tree. Just regular Barbie -type legs, arms, torsos, affixed with string. The went up sometime before x-mas.

IIRC - the same house had a similar (display) maybe 5 years ago.

Nothing else I would call at all “unusual” about the house.

What would you imagine is behind that?

I donno, but I thought I remembered a similar tree from a movie. I couldn’t search that down, but I did find this:

3 guesses:

1. Bored teenager
  2. College Freshman art student
  3. Middle-aged potential serial killer

Somebody didn’t take down their Halloween decorations?

The Blair Witch is getting too lazy to make those “stick people”, and is now just using Found Objects.

It means that they’re coming for you! Wooo! Spooky! :grinning:

Art installation, not necessarily an art student. It sounds like something I’d do and I’m in my 50s.

A racist practicing for a lynching.

Obviously, Ken has finally snapped. That’s what lacking genitalia will do to you.

Hey, if it was good enough for the Beatles…

Cross Theodore Bear, and you will suffer the consequences.
'Nuff said.

It is a clear sign of ritual satanism. You should consult local psychics on how to proceed with a neighborhood inquisition.

An auto parts store from my younger days had a memorable warning I wish I had a photo of. Right over the counter was hanging an old glove. Black leather, burnt, split, shrunk and hardened like it was clutching something. A hand lettered sign read, “Though shalt not steal”.

Walked past today. Nothing else unusual about the house. A couple of Star Wars and U of Ill stickers on the car (Nissan Rogue), and a couple of bird cages visible thru the windows. (The house is on a corner lot and the sidewalk passes quite close along the side of the house.)

ISTR years back, when the doll parts were hung before, there was a sign in the window saying something like “Doll Hospital”, and ISTR some bigger dolls in the windows. None visible today.