Don't forget Daylight SAVING time.

Yay all the American TV shows are on one hour earlier!

/no DST here

Lousy farmers. I’m boycotting organic food until I get my hour back!

I think this is the first DST changeover which I’ve had to work on. I set my alarm (on my cell phone) an extra hour early in case it got confused. Right now all signs are pointing to 12:22 on the east coast. At least that’s what the NY1 bug says.

Remember that every analog clock you see in public (outside of Grand Central Terminal) will be wrong until at least April! There was a saying at my high school that the only time any of the clocks were set to the right time was the day of Parent-Teacher night.

I saved mine in Marsellus Wallace’s briefcase.

Win!

I prefer to observe Daylight SAVINGS Time. I’m a descriptivist.

I don’t understand this whole concept. We save daylight all summer, and then in winter, we have less? Where did we put it? Why can’t we remove it from the daylight savings account to get some more light??

And what about the stupid mnemonic? You don’t fall back unless you are pushed, you fall forward. And you don’t spring forward. You leap forward, and spring back. None of it makes sense.

Now if you’ll excuse me, there’s something wrong with my clocks.

You obviously don’t have my knees.

That’s actually an American thing. The Brits always use “saving” even in phrases like “A saving of 3 pounds,” as per the Usage Note at the bottom of the link. I never knew that until I left the US.

Hey, don’t blame the farmers! Farmers are perfectly happy to get up at 4:07 am when the sun rose and the rooster crowed, like God intended. It’s the dang city folk who thought that was too stinkin’ early and fooled around with time itself.

But at least you can now enjoy your organic food all summer guilt-free. Heck, have a late organic dinner under the Daylight Savings sunshine at 8:35 pm or so.

Did anyone else not bother to change a couple clocks last time, so that now they don’t have to change them at all? I did that with my stereo clock. Awesomeness!

Even with DSL by the time we get to July it’s light from way too early to way too late. I don’t mind it being light early so much but when I’m trying to go to bed at 10 PM and it’s still kinda light out, it doesn’t seem right somehow. It wouldn’t make much if a difference if we didn’t change the clocks, really, when it’s light for about 15 or 16 hours anyway.

I need to go to bed now though it sure doesn’t feel like 10:50. I hate the transition.

I remember back in Texas and Albuquerque how much fun it was to get an extra hour’s bartime. Come 2am and Bingo! Back to 1am. It was treated as a real event.

Well, they have DST in Lapland too and those guys get 24 hour days. Talk about silly. It is completely pointless here in Southern Finland too even if we only get 20 hour days but it is less hassle to turn our clocks at the same time the rest of EU does than to be stubborn about it, I guess.

I am so confused!?!

I just woke up, looked at my iPhone, which says it is 5:05 am. Cool, I’ll browse the web for 20 minutes then go back to sleep until my alarm at 7:20.

Only now I’m looking at my laptop and it says it is 6:05!?

Gah! Which one is it if they both automatically adjust for the time change?

Turns out my iPhone reverted back to the old time overnight, and now restarting it shows the correct time, meaning that hour is yet again just … gone.

Stupid Apple.

I hadn’t thought about people further north, but I can see changing just because everybody else is and it avoids hassle. The whole thing still seems silly, though.

I hate it because I work on Sundays. It’s the only day of the week I have to be up early and I tend to be an insomniac so on Sundays I generally have to get by on maybe 6 hours of sleep if I’m lucky. I really can’t spare that extra hour.

I’m all for splitting the difference and setting the clocks a half hour ahead or back and then leaving them alone! Does it really matter all that much how light out it is in the morning when it adjusts itself after a few weeks anyway?

What sort of interest does it pay?

None, all you get back in the fall is one hour, not even a few extra minutes to make it worthwhile.

I can never sleep the extra hour I get back in the fall. Instead, I’m up an extra hour on the weekend. It seems I loose both ways!

Pick one and stay with it!

In soviet Russia time adjusts you!
But seriously I saw on the History channel that Stalin set the clocks forward to DST and it took 60(or 70?) years before anyone had the nerve to readjust the time back.