Don't Like PertPlus' Redesigned Bottle

PertPlus has changed the shape of the bottle from a wide bottle with a low center of gravity to a “new easy-grip” tall bottle that easily tips over and falls off my shower’s storage ledge. Plus the remaining shampoo has a greater distance to travel from the bottom edge to the pour spout.

Wow. I am amazed at your courage and strength during this trying time. Please make sure that you eat and get plenty of rest and take care of yourself. My heart goes out to you and your family. (((hugs)))

I feel you. I think the narrow bottle is supposed to fit better into gym bags.

Consider it a challenge to your dexterity & eye-hand coordination skills to store the bottle upside down. Probably no less tippier, but at least the travel distance will be decreased.

If there were ever a thread which truly belonged in the Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share forum, I think this would be it. :slight_smile:

It’s not the bottle, it’s the contents that bugs me. They redid the formulation recently and it is so irritating I’ve had to switch brands after buying it for a really long time.

New and improved strikes again.

Or get a shower caddy that stores bottles upside down. Mine works really well.

Don’t get me started on the new Propel bottles, though. I completely gave up drinking Propel when they stopped using the bottles I preferred.

I always bought it in the past because I liked the low center of gravity bottle design. PertPlus may have lost a customer.

This should have been caught in Design Control. Obviously they did not identify all the user requirements OR the functional specifications. I suspect their process does not adequately address the retirement stage of the life cycle.

I blame marketing.

Why can’t you just refill the old bottle that you like from the new bottle that you don’t?

Propel is a brand of shampoo that you drink? I always knew it was coming to this. They put so many vitamins and minerals in shampoo these days, I never know if I should scrub my head with it or take two tablespoons every day.

It’s a floor wax and a dessert topping!

The new 2-liter Diet Coke bottles are taller and thinner than the old ones, and do not fit in the inside door rack of my refrigerator. I prefer Diet Dr Pepper, but resort to Diet Coke when it’s on sale. Won’t someone think of [del]the children[/del] me?

I’ve used the formulation for “fine or oily” hair for years, and it’s great. When I run out this time, I have to try the new formula for fine hair, and I don’t know if it will work for my rather oily hair.

I’ve been using PertPlus for years but sometimes I thought I must be the only one using it. For one thing, it used to be a Procter & Gamble product but they sold it a few years ago. And also, it’s hard to find. Target doesn’t seem to carry it, so I go to Kmart just to buy it.

And I’ve always wondered about how it can claim to be a shampoo and conditioner in one bottle. Don’t you leave conditioner in your hair? So how can you rinse out the shampoo in PertPlus but still get conditioned hair?

No, you generally rinse out conditioner unless the bottle specifies it’s intended as a leave-in. Read a conditioner bottle, it will tell you how to use it. For most conditioners, you’re supposed to use it, leave it sitting for a few minutes, then completely rinse it out.

PLEASE POST how well the new formula works on fine hair / the bane of my existence.

Thank you!

Pantene “Flat to Volume” conditioner for Fine Hair works for me.

Oh I want that caddy bad! B3 here I come!

I either threw out the old bottle when it was empty, or I bought the new bottle then threw out the old bottle without considering how tipsy the new bottle would be. It was awhile ago that the bottle was redesigned so I can’t remember. Maybe I’ll start using one of those organic type shampoos, that they sell at health food stores, that have the wide bottle.