Doperball II

Making a one handed, diving, double twisting back flip in pike position catch off Hal’s fancy, French sligshot, Doctor Jackson of Team 2 sticks the landing. After posing for the judges, Doc rares back and fires a BB at Team 1, then throws the ball to…

So Hal started with it, then it went to danceswithcats, then to harmless, who thought the ball came from hal, but it came from danceswithcats, then on to Doctor Jackson who passes it to me Phelan
They’re all on my team, team Glad Those Bastards Have Standup I think…Aw screw it, kicks the ball and SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORES!!!
Starts dancing to the celebration music.

Hey JimSox5…see why I never ref’d more than one game of Doperball? :slight_smile:

Check the order…as far as I can see, it went from me to danceswithcats, and then it got all screwed up. Remember folks, name the person you’re getting the ball from.

We may have had a score there, but it’s up to the ref to call it.

One thing: It sure would be easier if everyone would mention what team they’re on when they post.

So I’m on **Team Two ** and I have the ball.
After posing in my authentic Olympic outfit I pass the ball to…

Dwalin of Team 2 deftly catches the ball. Excited by the fact of actually catching something, he sprints down to Team 1’s goal. Unfortunately, he’s so excited he doesn’t notice that he dropped the ball halfway down the field. The ball is caught by…

…Team 2 member Hal, who scoops up dwalin’s fumble, checks the field, and sees a wide open goal.

Remembering how badly Team 1 was outnumbered last time, I decide to pass it off, hoping a teammate will push it in for the two-fer. And it flies into the hands of…

[hijack] Just because it’d be so damn fitting, I nominate Zebra for ref of the next game. [/hijack] :smiley:

Me! Me!
: catches** Hal’s ** girlish pass and runs it in for a score, or sumpthin’ : :smiley:

Wooohoooo! Three-zip (I think)!

Retreiving the ball from the goal and running it back to mid-field, I send a massive, manly kick heading back to the goal. After accidentally (I assure you :stuck_out_tongue: ) caroming it off the back of harmless’ head, it’s picked up by…

(team 2)

Johnny Bravo, who combines the skills of Shaolin Kung Fu and Doperball to send a flaming ball of fire right at…

Team 2

danceswithcats who was standing on the sidelines scratching his nether regions, but nonetheless belched loudly, caught the ball, tripped over a stray hedgehog, and tossed the ball to…

Sir Dirx of Team 1 intercepts the toss and the crowd goes wild! Taking a moment to let the Matrix-style camera effects capture the move from every angle, he lobs the ball down towards the goal to be caught by…

…Team Two’s Hal Briston, who is not about to let Team One get a peek at the scoreboard! After picking off Sir Dirx, he stands midfield for a moment, waiting for an approaching UPS truck to pull on to the field.

After the driver unloads his cargo, Hal rips open a few large crates marked as being from the Acme Corporation. He quickly assembles the giant slingshot he cleverly ordered at kickoff, mounts it in the field, loads it up and sends the doperball careening downfield at mach 2, where…

Where flamingbananas of Team 2 catches the ball mid-air. While doing a victory dance of catching a ball for once, she trips and falls flat on her face. The ball slips from her hands and goes to…

…Team 2’s Johnny Bravo, who bounces it off his butt and into the goal!

Goooooal!

Okay folks, let me try to sort this out. Maybe I should’ve waited another day or two to do this; I’m moving into college this weekend. Okay, we had the Standup mixup, which I then further confused the situation by confusing it myself, and now all hell has broken loose.

Okay, here are the scores as I see it, if there are any complaints, just tell me, because obviously, I’m not perfect.

Team 1:
Team 2:

Okay, you know what? I really don’t have a clue. Some ref, huh? :smiley:

So, here’s the beauty of playing unofficial sports. . .do over! Yes, folks, as ref, I have declared that a warm-up round! And yes, Hal, I see why you got out of this job pretty quickly. And also, now that I’m all done packing, I should be around more now. A few more things: Make sure you say who the ball came from! Also, I like Johnny Bravo’s suggestion of the post your team thing. Just put it in the subject of your post or something like that. Here’s another chart for teams:

Team 1: A C E G I K M O Q S U W Y
Team 2: B D F H J L N P R T V X Z

And let’s try this again! Ball’s in the middle!

Ok…I’ll give the ball (and this thread) a bump downfield…

Thank you, Hal, I was sure this thread was dead. I’m all moved in, now, so I should be here to be a good ref, and not let another Stand-up situation.

Downfield from Hal Briston, to everyone’s great dismay, is Standup Karmic of Team 1, using his laptop to search amazon.com for books that might fall under the keywords, “sports,” “inept,” “self-help,” and “clumsy” when the ball lands gives him a quick poke in the face, breaking his glasses.

Feeling he has little choice but to at least try to redeem himself, he removes the broken remnants of his spectacles, stands tall and proud, and looks upfield. Wondering, “am I shirts or skins?” he tosses the ball in hopes that it will find a teammate. Upfield from that blind throw is…

Scoops up the pass from Standup Karmic and lobs it somewhere special. :wink: