Dr. Laura is a douche bag!

She is a proven hypocrite, treats her callers in a condescending manner, and ultimately comes off as a self-righteous douche bag!

Tht is the topic. Feel free to disagree with me, morons! :slight_smile:

Yer pal,
Satan

Hey Satan?

[PMS-laden tirade]
Fuck you. Don’t call me a moron unless you’ve met me in person.

I’m real damn sorry that I’m not going to disagree with you.

Dr. Laura is a condescending bitch who has no clue who puts the money in her pockets.
[/PMS-laden tirade]

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus, dogs are from Pluto. - Anonymous

Um, you forgot unqualified, self-serving, and simplistic. So there!

The overwhelming majority of people have more than the average (mean) number of legs. – E. Grebenik

She is a psycho bitch who gives women a bad name…If I could reach through the radio and slap her one, I would. People who call her are gluttons for punishment.
Loser!

Some mornings it just doesn’t seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.
Zettecity

But as long as there are people that want to be verbally beaten up and are willing to call her she will have a job. It’s the american dream.

As Neal Boortz says of himself, “Turning a personallity disorder into a job.”

Jeffery

p.s. Satan maybe you should give her a call, it seems you have some issues with authoritative women.

I can’t stand her. What a holier-than-thou prig. Unfortunately, one of my best friends thinks she walks on water and is always quoting to me from Top Ten Things Women Do To Mess Up Their Lives. As far as I can tell, the #1 thing should be: “treating as gospel the words of a sniping radio talk show host who had heard all of 30 seconds of your situation but already know exactly why you’re fucked up.”

“Happiness is nonetheless true happiness because it must come to an end, nor do thought and love lose their value because they are not everlasting.”

• Bertrand Russell

isn’t her degree in kineisiology or something totally unrelevent?

anyway, she’s a freak.

At least I KNOW where MY pictures are at and it ain’t on some website…

Dumb bitch.

Sorry - venting.

“When I was seventeen…I had a very good beer…”

• Homer Simpson

And for some reason she still has a radio show…

I think her degree is in physiology, which, as one critic put it, basically makes her a glorified P.E. teacher.

“I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it,” Jack Handy

Gosh, I think she’s just swell! If it weren’t for her and the local church telling me what to do I might actually have to think for myself! Imagine the horror of that! I thank God for folks like her!

The moon looks on many flowers, the flowers on but one moon.

Not just willing, Trekker, but eager. The sheep who call Dr. Nutbag are so desperate for attention they’ll sit through a half-hour of abuse just so they can say “I was on Dr. Laura!!”

Schlessinger can rot in hell with Jerry Springer.

-andros-

Hey, Jerry Springer should never be used in the same sentance with Dr. Laura. They’re both big jokes, but Springer knows and cherishes it.

BTW: This from her online bio (at http://www.drlaura.com))
“Black belt, martial arts”

All of them? Damn.

Wanna try that link again?

Dr. Laura merchandise? Ew.

This is much more fun. Dr. Laura Drinking Game

I’ll do do better than that, I’ll give you the full URL: http://www.drlaura.com/about/

Thanks, Hun. I guess.

I can’t believe I actually asked for a link to Dr. Psychohosebeast’s site.

I’ve got to go home now.

On the whole, I think Dr. Laura’s advice to women belongs right next to a scroll on How To Do Needlepoint and Maintain Your Honour While Waiting for Your Knight To Ride Up.

In contrast, I think her advice to men is more a mixed bag. Some is quite worthwhile, actually. One of the Ten Stupid Things for Men is (paraphrased): Letting your wife/girlfriend fight it out with your mother cause you’ve never learned to stand up to your mother, which will lead to never learning to stand up to your wife/girlfriend. This actually happened to me in a relationship. I just didn’t feel like arguing with my mother for the hundredth time about whatever, so I’d hand the phone to my girlfriend, and she’d give the old bag what-for (yeah, I’m a Commandment-breaker - sorry).

It was so luxurious to let somebody else tell my mom off - especially since my girlfriend could get her off the phone much quicker, and with a lot less “good son” wishy-washiness. And I’ll never let it happen again. I’m too old for it, and I’m not going to risk the stress it puts on a romantic relationship (if one ever rolls around again). I was impressed that Dr. Laura had zeroed in on a real problem.

But that is in contrast to all the non-problems she zeroes in on: Hey! You’re having a happy relationship with someone but you’re not married. What a stupid fool you are!

Why the devil does she need to use the word “stupid” so often anyway? Her books are chock full of this word. “Stupid” is what ten-year-olds call each other when they think somebody cheated at dodge ball. (This proves that they are superior to seven-year-olds, who are stuck with the monosyllabic equivalent, “dumb”.) Serious relationship counsellors should try to avoid sounding like ten-year-olds.

Not quite. Physiology is the study of normal biological function. (By comparison, anatomy is the study of biological structure, and pathology is the study of abnormal biological function.) I had an 8-credit-hour-in-8-week course in it last year, and I can assure you, it has nothing to do with PE. :slight_smile:

Please don’t think I’m even remotely defending Dr. Laura. She is, to use one of my girlfriend’s favorite phrases, a “sanctimonious twit”. I think she uses her “Dr.” title to give the impression that she is a mental or other health care professional, when in fact her Ph.D in physiology makes her about as qualified to dispense couseling as my B.A. in mathematics makes me.

She was pretty hot in those pictures, though. (Hey “Dr.”, better make that eleven stupid things. . .)

Dr. J

Coming up: some truly awful phonetic spelling.

Boris B said

It’s off-topic, but my English teacher in high school had just about the same take on the choice of “stupid” over “dumb”. But with this caveat: pronouncing it “stoo-pid” is just as doltish as using the word “dumb.” If you must speak the word, you will sound positively didsainful of your target if you pronounce it “stew-pid.”

Getting back to the good doctor: I had some fun a couple of months ago when I typed her name into the Yahoo search function, and found a place called the Dr. Laura Parody pages. Here is a link, if I’m doing it right: http://extra.newsguy.com/~satire/laura.htm . If not, you can always just type it in.

FTR, a deeper link led me to some FAQs about her, including a confirmation that her Piled higher and Deeper is in physiology, and that it is inaccurate to characterize the field as “glorified P.E. teacher.” I know the posters on this forum don’t need bogus ammunition, especially against someone who makes herself such an easy target.

Satan, you get no argument from me; she’s a bitch. I confess to being astounded that so many people are willing to wait in line to be abused by her; this is the type of phenomenon that informs me dim view of the average intelligence level of the members of the society I live in. GOD, I am glad this place exists.

yer pal,

kaylasdad99

Maybe I should just stick to smart-ass remarks.