Dude gropes the wrong waitress and gets his ass handed to him.

It’ll be tough to find an attorney who’d take the case, given the video and the current social climate. And once an attorney is identified, good luck finding a sympathetic or even neutral jury in Savannah. And woe unto him if there are some good old boys on the jury–he’ll be seen as some kind of pussy to get tossed like that by a girl. Nah, dude will be lucky if he isn’t a defendant within the year.

Not a counter, appears to be a two-person table that she was setting up for the next customer. But still, well-done Ms Waitress!

Doesn’t look anything like the two-person table where that other guy is sitting, though. Found a picture of the patio area, it’s a staging area for the waitstaff.

Agreed. My first thought upon reading the thread title was “the wrong waitress”? Wait, does that means there’s a “right waitress” to grope?

Clearly, it does: a waitress who wouldn’t fight back. See, that’s the difference here is Miss Holden fought back; it’s right there in the thread title.

Colonel Sanders used to do that all the time and nobody complained!

Agreed. Many women might be too afraid or too embarrassed to fight back, or be incredulous that that even happened to them. This should teach a few guys to keep their hands to themselves.

It’s just an expression. When Danny Trejo says “You messed with the wrong Mexican” in Machete, that doesn’t mean he thinks there’s a right Mexican to mess with. It means “this will not end well for you.”

Gotta wonder what song was playing on their music system.

I don’t even have to click that link, do I?

Nope; I didn’t. :smiley:

Argh, this is just the kind of shit we’re talking about when women posters discuss the inherent sexism here.

The thread title does imply that a “right” waitress wouldn’t react like this. I get that it’s an expression, but words have meaning.

Her angry, physical reaction to violence is a stereotypically male response. So of course men approve. Finally, a woman is acting “right” in the face of sexual assault!

WHOA, whoa whoa. I think you’re doing yourself and others a disservice by ignoring the context of the words. There’s only “a ‘right’ waitress who wouldn’t react like this” to the guy committing the assault. You get that, right? Just like the “right” response to a bank robber, in their eyes, is going to be “handing over the money without a fuss” and not “shooting me in the face”.

Wow; that’s, um, ‘impressive’ works, I guess.

Eh I think that is being overthought. I agree with Larry Borgia.
I’m a small woman and I think that men who do this need the shit kicked out of them by women. I also think that it’s unlikely to happen because too many women are some combination of too shocked to respond right away, scared of escalating a situation where they could end up seriously hurt or realizing that nothing will happen to the man (as Broomstick notes, she could have been fired). And for the record, I’m probably mostly in door #2 with a little of door #1 thrown in there.

I think this waitress was secure enough to know that her co-workers had her back and was pretty strong and responded quickly. The “right” waitress for the guy would have been one who missed any one of those steps.

Note that my main point was that guys should keep their hands to themselves, not that there is a “right” woman to attack or that any woman’s reaction is “right” or “wrong.”

The only one in the wrong here was the guy who grabbed the waitress’s behind.

All of this secondary conversation could have been avoided if the OP had titled the thread, “Dude gropes waitress and gets his ass handed to him”. Everyone inclined to read it, would have still opened the thread. We would still have all the same commentary about the incident itself, but no one would be asking about whether there is a “right waitress” to grope.

To me, he appeared to have been quite used to grabbing women’s asses and NOT being body-slammed before, otherwise he wouldn’t have been so nonchalantly entitled to do it to this particular waitress this time. So yes, this time he did pick the “wrong” one, from his point of view.

When I read the thread title, I was thinking maybe his girl-friend was working there, and he had meant to grope her but got the wrong waitress. Oops, how embarrassing!

The expression is ambiguous in isolation and without intonation.

When I was stationed in Japan, one guy on our base got court-martialed and discharged from the Navy after he was caught peeping into windows. Turned out that’s how he met his wife years earlier: he was caught peeping into her window.

What makes you think that’s the reason the restaurant has security cameras?

This. And the same lame jokes about “the right Mexican” would follow…well, they might have but Trejo performed a machete tracheotomy before they could. If one is taking offense at this, then one is actively seeking offense in any statement.