Eagles time management: WTF were they thinking?!

What were the Eagles thinking?! They could have WON that game – they were only down by 10 with 5 minutes left and they were using almost every second on the damn clock on every play! Time was ticking, and almost everyone I talked to today shared the same thought: Everyone was sitting on the edge of their collective seats screaming at the television “Hurry!!!” They had the damn ball with 1:15 and no timeouts and still were dragging their asses.

And yet they dragged like, like they didn’t care! I’m not an Eagles fan, but they could have won, and they just pissed it away. Who is to blame?! Donovan McNabb? Andy Reid? I am only glad the Eagles lost because if they won, it would point to the fallibility of Rush Limbaugh. Guess he was right about everything.

Moron Reid + moron McNabb = Pats win!

I couldn’t be happier watching T.O. lose.

Worst.clock.management.ever!

It was the most frustrating minute of football I’ve ever seen. I was yelling “It’s the Superbowl! Hurry the fuck up!” Sure it was a longshot, but it’s been done before many times. It was like they weren’t even trying!

Well, SOMEbody’s time management evidently wasn’t up to snuff. My TiVo programs were out of whack ALL night.

Not only was their time management effed up but the play calling sucked too.
When you need to go 60 yards in 90 seconds you don’t throw a two yard pass play over the middle right in front of the linebackers. Throw the cockin’ ball down the field and at the sidelines for the cripes. And if you friggin catch the ball, get the H E double toothpick out-of-bounds ASAP.
And run to the huddle and then run back to the line of scrimmage. Better yet, call audibles from the line of scrimmage. Fuggin hurry!!

Jeez, I wanted the Pats to win, but watching BAD football in the last minutes of a Superbowl is just a plain insult.

Anyone think the over/under had anything to do with it? I think it was 48.
A field goal would have pushed.

If you know anything about the Reid/McNAbb era, it should be this:

Every** play of** every** game is maddening. They can’t manage the REGULAR plays, let alone the two-minute drill type of stuff (which for the Eagles, at -10, came with about 5 mins to play).

There is this slow grining tooth pulling procedure to get plays/players in.

It has been like this for 4-5 years. All game/season/year/career. Never gets better.

The Reid?Mcnabb era wears this like a huge blemish. Whilst others like Manning and Brady get to the line and make sense of confusing formations, the Eagles nervously get the ball sanpped.

It is exhausting. It never ends.

Here is the problem. If you created a matrix of both McNabb’s and Reid weakness and strenghts, under ‘clock management’ thye would both show as weaknesses. If you overlaid that matrix with the entire coaching staff, all would show clock mgmnt as a weakness.

Somene needs to step up to the plate and pay an assistant who will act as nothing more than a clock mgmnt consultant. THAT is IT. All this person would focus on all year is helping Reid/Mcnabb with clock mgmnt.

Reid/Mcnabb are so void of this ability THEY MUST ADRESS IT BY OWNING UP TO IT AND DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

HIRE A FUCKING TIME MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT AND GET IT THE FUCK OVER WITH, REID AND MCNABB, BECAUSE IF GOD WANTED YOUR ASS TO MANAGE THE CLOCK BETTER, YOU’D STILL FALL FUCKING SHORT.

HIRE SOMEONE RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

The Jets did this and still managed to fuck up the clock management. Its not a catch-all having a coach for clock managment. The lack of the no-huddle confused me as well, but thats on Andy Reid for not trusting his team or McNabb to handle it correctly in those final 5 minutes.

Perhaps they were thinking that in a post-911 world, we just can’t afford to have anyone but the Patriots win the Superbowl.

The Jets made poor coaching decisions, but the time mgmnt put them into position to do SOMETHING. Time mgmnt won’t WIN IT for you, but it will increase your chances.

The Eagles need help in this area. They cannot turn away and not adress it!

It is okay to focus on your strengths and capitalize on them — it is probably more valuable — but it is okay to adress a weakness and bring it up a few notches. Since this is a weakness for them, I doubt I will ever see an Elwaynian evolution, but that doesn’t mean you don’t fix the goddam problem.

And the Bucs

A field-goal would have resulted in an OVER because a FG would have sent the game into overtime.

One of the tin-foil hat types at work says that it is all fixed. The Eagles were supposed to lose. This upset the players who knew they could win, so they made it close and made it abundantly clear that if they had wanted to put more effort in, they would have won.

Of course, he also thinks that the stock market will fall to 6000 by March, now that the president has been re-elected and has no reason to artificially prop the market up.

Makes sense to me. I’m selling first thing tomorrow! :smiley:

The Pats effed up in the 1st half.

The Iggles effed up more in the 2nd.

Funny how, once sober, the “great game” doesn’t seem so great in retrospect.

You didn’t let me finish, a field goal would have pushed the game into overtime.

:smack: