Election Day [Week][Month[s]] [Year] 2020 follow-along thread

I certainly hope that with Trump mostly out of the spotlight and the Biden/Harris administration making progress for all Americans on multiple fronts (pandemic, economy, etc.), Conservatives will start to realize the monster they created, and start retreating from Trumpism and his ilk. Trump should he pointed at and laughed at whenever he speaks going forward.

Granted, this will push him to the far hinterlands of the political spectrum, where he belongs, and he will take a certain element of the electorate with him. But I would hope even traditional Conservatives in this country have SOME standards, and can get back to their whole “compassionate conservative, small government, lower taxes, etc…” platform, (even if you mostly disagree) and reject the nationalist, fascist, strongman direction Trump has taken them.

Yeah, I’ve found over and over again that within days, sometimes hours, he does something to make me loathe him once more.

I had a dream quite recently in which I found Trump sort of charming. It left me feeling disturbed for a few days, but it’s faded now.

Now I just want him to go away, which is an improvement from wanting him to suffer greatly before he goes away.

Let’s go to the quarry and throw stuff down there! Do you have a YouTube channel where you post videos of your standup?

Seriously, tho, that’s not gonna happen and it would be imprudent (at best) to take any action at all in anticipation of it occurring.

I had a dream which featured Sarah Palin about two weeks ago. I have no idea why and can’t remember what it was about.

https://twitter.com/greybrain0/status/1327265134868357120/photo/1

This is an interesting map, showing how the election would turn out if only certain groups voted.

Spoiler alert, the only groups Biden wins are people of color, white women (barely) and women.

I’m so glad to be living in Washington State.

Don’t forget a Justice Department committed to protecting him from his legal transgressions and the ability to pick his own judges. Those are invaluable things to criminals.

Considering that people of color and women together make up more than half the population, describing them as the “only groups” seems pretty dismissive. White men aren’t the center of the universe.

I can see how my comments could be read that way, but that’s not the meaning I meant to convey. Apologies.

The emotional abuse trump must have suffered in his youth must have been pretty bad for him to turn out as he did. But he has had a lot of resources to seek out and receive help that most adults who have been abused don’t.

Would any of you guys please explain why you have felt sorry for Trump even fleetingly?

A LOT of folk have shitty parents who DON’T give them the financial and other advantages Trump has had. I don’t buy that any of his actions as an adult were beyond his control. Are you simply sorry for him because he is a loathsome excuse for a human being?

I’m not sure that “abused” is quite the right word. Some of the Trump kids were, most notably Fred Jr. Donald was in many ways in the opposite position – the favorite who was protected, coddled, and given all the resources he could ever want – to such an extent that basically he never grew up. He always got his way, and was always surrounded by sycophants his whole life. That’s not snark; according to Mary Trump, it’s the literal truth. He never experienced the real world as we know it, as normal grown-ups know it. He never needed to grow up, so he never did.

That is a kind of abuse IMO. He is stunted mentally at the very least, and he probably saw how his father treated the other siblings and did everything he could to avoid being treated that way himself. The only way he could receive a facsimile of parental love was to be a bombastic POS like his dad. That’s not setting a child up to become an adult who will be able to have halfway normal relationships with others. Money can buy a lot, but it can’t quell his constant need for attention and worship.

Even if it wasn’t abuse per se, it definitely wasn’t healthy.

I think, just pulling this outta my butt, that he probably has a basic temperament that led to this result from his upbringing. He might have been an over sensitive person naturally (feelings easily hurt) but didn’t get the parental reassurance and guidance to learn to moderate that natural reaction to criticism.

Republicans don’t like candidates who lose presidential elections. Trump won’t be the nominee in 2024; it will be Nikki Haley.

I feel like the Republican Party is going to turn away from him, just enough for him to run Independent in 2024.

That is, if he has the money to fund his own campaign.

So, I guess not.

That would be terrific. Let’s hope so.

A worthy, and naive, hope. Look how successful DJT was! Why would conservatives retreat from that?

Him angrily running as a “MAGA party” candidate is just about the best thing ever. Biden or Harris will be sure to win.

I’d be thrilled to have Joe Biden for 8 years(I admire him a lot), but I would also love a Kamala Harris - Pete B. ticket or something similar. Maybe Harris-Booker?

My only hope is that he won’t get as much press coverage over the next 4 years and during that time public interest in him will fade. The press will be tempted to cover him whenever he does something outrageous unfortunately, but if all he does is spew the same few lines at rallies over and over again, hopefully it will get too boring and they won’t bother. I hope.

Or maybe he will be in too bad of a shape to run in 4 years.

I could see it happening and him winning again since he has such a loyal base for some reason, but I could also see people getting bored if in 2022 and 2023 he’s still saying “lock them up!” “I won bigly!” Etc.

I know. I am trying to be positive here. I am hoping Trump’s trajectory and behavior right now are enough to let him pass out of a normal conservative’s thought orbit. There is always hope.