elucidator, You Are The Ultimate Troll

Some sort of lifetime non-recognition award, then.

**andros **who?

(Happy?)

Give me a few minutes to gather material and I’ll Pit you, and it won’t be nearly as lame as the few times that I’ve been Pitted.

Well, Klaatu barada nikto, y’know.

Excuse me, I think Michael Rennie is getting ill.

It will probably be shortly closed and I might get a warning for it, but here you go.

A lot of the time he is. Not always, but nobody is 100% anything. Calling him a troll is just fucking stupid, though.

Oh jesus, here we go again with Jack and his whining. Why can’t you just give it a rest already??

And then there’s andros, always late to party, hitching on to someone else’s wagon. Come up with an original post for once, dammit!

I can’t wait for **elucidator **to wake up from his nap and get in on all the fun.

:sniff:

xeno and TroutMan, you’re the best friends a guy could have.

I find 'luci’s drive bys funny. Honestly, he’s a lot better at jokes than he is at arguing (and I say that as someone whose usually on his side of the argument), so I think we’d be better off if he strove to be less substantive.

Also…

So there’s two common ways to mock someone’s attempt at humor, you can say they’re “trying” to be funny (the impliciation being that they aren’t succeeding) or you can say they “think” they’re being funny (the implication being that they aren’t and it makes them sound mildly delusional to boot).

But you can’t just blindly stick both constructions together. Eulicidator may not be funny, he may even think he’s funny but not be, but surely he at least knows if he’s trying to be funny or not.

I start every day with a cup of coffee and the latest **elucidator **post. It’s how I keep my sunny disposition all day.

“All the Wowee in Maui”; by george, he’s done it again. :smiley:

I love him, and I want to have his children. His posts speak to my soul.

The twin missions of this board are fighting ignorance and making wisecracks. Jokes are not trolling, except to the severely humor impaired.

I think 'luci gave a fairly lucid defense of his usual posting style in a thread I was in some years back. (Fuck, I’ve been reading what you dopes have to say for over a decade now. Weird.) He essentially said that some minds are open to paragraphs and others are open to just the right line of poetry.

People have different judgments about how often he’s on and how often he’s off. But it’s a lot easier to write a paragraph of rational argument than it is to try to stilletto your way into another’s mind through some emotional or aesthetic track instead of stale argument.

I remember the times when luci’s posts made me laugh. Klaatu, I’m sorry to say I’m drawing a blank on. But I’ve got an open mind… maybe you could link to four of five of your best, and we’ll make it a proper contest?

elucidator is one of the bright points of The Dope. I would happily marry him if I wasn’t already.

He’s not a troll. The drive-bys are usually funny. Short and sweet wins the day. Personally, I find the posts that stray into paragraph territory to be, more often than not, impossible to understand. I know I’m not the only one.

luci is OK. He WAS funnier 5-10 years ago. He was a 9/10 at that time. His heart isn’t in it these days. I blame Obama.

[sub]Seriously, I blame Obama. When you no longer have targets as big as Bush/Chaney et al, you have a harder time. [/sub]

I see what you did.

Regarding the OP: seriously lame and wrong besides.

Elucidator is my absolute favorite poster here on the Straight Dope, after John Mace, samclem, and Happy Fun Ball.