English to Spanish translation (of a phrase)

I want to send an SMS to a potential SO. It needs so be brief and crisp to fit the SMS envelope. However I want it to stay true to my natural cadence but not include too many accented characters (I don’t know how to do that on my phone).

I want to say:

"Hi gorgeous. Hope you had a good weekend. Missing you. Love Malfrog…”

But it would be really cool if I could do it in Spanish (yes I know I could put it through Babel but I want it to be as authentic as possible).

Any takers (talkers) ??

Hola preciosa, Espero que hayas pasado un buen fin de semana. Te adoro.

Hola magnífica. Espere que usted tuviera un fin de semana bueno. Perderlo. Adore Malfrog

only one accent, or, by changing gorgeous to beautiful you get;

Hola hermosa. Espere que usted tuviera un fin de semana bueno. Perderlo. Adore Malfrog

with no accents.

From www.freetranslation.com

Oops forgot the missing you part. Insert “Te extraño.”

I would say as CBEscape did.

But would change the ending thus:

“Hola preciosa, Espero que hayas pasado un buen fin de semana. Te extraño. Con amor, Malfrog”

Con amor = with love
Con mucho amor = with much love :wink:

Thanks. Guys…

I second CBE’s post, even with the “Te adoro” part. Keep that part in mind for another message!

zabrain’s is too formal and gramatically incorrect.

I’d avoid all use of Usted…

He can also use hermosa, instead of preciosa. That’s about the only part freetranslation got right.

Err… I don’t agree with “hermosa”. Better use “preciosa”. Believe me, I’m a mexican, and “hermosa” sounds a little… say… joking.

Then:

“Hola, preciosa. Espero que hayas pasado un buen fin de semana. Te extraño. Con amor, Malfrog.”

does the trick, so CBEscapee and Kinthalis are right.

If you want to sound more respectful, talking of “usted”, then the phrase will be:

“Hola, preciosa. Espero que haya pasado un buen fin de semana. La extraño. Con amor, Malfrog.”

But I don’t recommend this last treatment, it’s better the first phrase.

“Bonita” sounds nice for girls, too, so you can use it instead of “preciosa”. Thinking it better, “bonita” is more tender; “preciosa” sounds as if you’re talking like a casanova.

Btw, zabrain, your translation is very, very bad, with all my respects.

Then, my last recomendation:

“Hola, bonita. Espero que hayas pasado un buen fin de semana. Te extraño. Con amor, Malfrog.”

Done.

freetranslation used magnifica.

No one would say “Mi vida” instead of “preciosa”?

Yo tengo una muñeca,
De boca chicquita,
Que dice te quiero,
Te adoro mi vida,
Mi cielo, mi amor.

No one would say “Mi vida” instead of “preciosa”?

Yo tengo una muñeca,
De boca chicquita,
Que dice te quiero,
Te adoro mi vida,
Mi cielo, mi amor.

Well ‘Mi vida’ is ‘my life’, not gorgeus.

But I do agree that it could be used with the same result :wink:

It said hermosa when changing gorgeous to beautiful. At least, that’s what the person says it says.

I don’t mean literal translations, but the ones we commonly use in our romantic life. “Magnifica” would be very ridiculous, caution, MalFrog (I hope you’re still reading).

You could say “Qué hermosa mañana” (What a beautiful morning) and also “Qué mujer tan hermosa” (What a beautiful woman), but if you say “hermosa” to a lady as if calling her, it sounds funny (maybe not a century ago). Don’t ask me why, you should be a native spanish speaker to understand it.

“Gorgeous” is equivalent to “pretty” and “beautiful”, as in spanish “bonita”, “guapa”, “preciosa”. But I insist that “bonita” sounds more tender for Malfrog’s intentions.

Instead of preciosa, you could use guapa. Te extreño is good - Te hecho de menos is better IMO.

How can one compliment a Latina woman on her beauty as a hispanic woman? Latina Linda? What is the most complimentary form of female compliment?

Nop! It’s “Te extraño”, no “te extreño”. And “te hecho de menos” is wrong, it’s “te echo de menos” (I miss you).

I know why freetranslation used “magnifica”… it’s not refering to a girl, but, for example, a building or a big artwork. “Magnifica” is ok with objects, not with persons.

IMO, don’t use those translators. The results are disastrous.

They’re good for a laugh…