Evil dictators and sitcoms ( silly fun game)

It got Mork, and was pretty gracious about it.
It got Mearth, from Mork and Mindy, and was snotty.
I stumped it with Exidor from Mork and Mindy though (It thought that I was Schneider from One Day At A Time). Ha!

It got Wilma Flintstone after a TON of guesses

Doing it Ukulele Ike’s way, I’m most like Don, from Third Rock from the Sun. Is that good? I’ve never seen the show.

BTW: Family Ties was a show about (relativly nice) retired 60’s hippies who had three (and a fourth in a desperate attempt to avoid cancellation) kids: one was a Reagan Republican (played by Michael J. Fox), one was an airhead valley-girl type and one had no personality. I believe Steve was the dad, and yes, it’s better to be him than Mussolini.

Fenris

It guessed my dictator, Imelda Marcos but it took a really long time. When it asked me if I was famous for my shoes I knew it had me. What is more sad: that guy for inventing the game and catalouging all the questions, or us for playing it so much?
[sub]Seventeenth completely useless post and counting.[/sub]

I tried B’Stard from The New Statesman, and it guessed Oliver Cromwell – I’d bet it doesn’t make a lot of “wrong category” guesses.

Some of the questions are amusingly misspelled, such as

“Do you run a convenient store?”

and

“Do you have a border?”

I went as myself, kept the thing guessing for six minutes and got…

George Jefferson.

How the hell do you figure THAT?!

YESSSS!!! I stumped it!

After three failures (It got Josef Stalin pretty quickly, but had a little trouble with Kelly Bundy…and took an equal amount of time to guess Edward I (Longshanks) of England) I stumped it! I was Vortigern, the king who ruled Britain before Arthur (and a confirmed historical persona) and it guessed…

Groundskeeper Willie from the Simpsons…

Still, very fun and impressive.

It guessed me as Karen from “Will & Grace”

It guessed Idi Amin and Opie Taylor fairly easy. Playing as myself, apparently I’m very similar to Carlton The Doorman from Rhoda. I’ve always aspired to be a disembodied voice.

. . . Ummm, it guessed that I am Elaine from “Seinfeld.” I am sorry to tell you that it is eerily (and depressingly) accurate . . .

This site made the rounds on the MB about 6 months ago. I it I did Pol Pot and stumped it, now you folks are doing it again and got my answer. Thats pretty cool. Of course what does it say that it took 6 months and only 2 dopers were able to come up with a dictator beyond the common movie of the week variety.

I’ve always been able to stump it with Kublia Khan, it always guesses Ghengis Khan, sorry about the spelling, i don’t feel like checking it.

Homeslice, on what planet is the X-Men a sitcom? Or were you leaning to the dictator route?

I’m currently going 15 minutes strong with Herman from Herman’s Head, I’ll let you know if I stump it.

It already got Parker Lewis, from Parker Lewis Can’t Lose…that was impressive. I like this game for some reason.

It was downright polite!

[url=“http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=33374”]Wanna kill some time?

Wanna kill some time?

I guess my secret is out.

Well, that was the first, and this is the second.

I’m just sad that no one replied to my thread.:frowning:

I’m impressed that it got this one. It took nearly 20 minutes, and I don’t have any idea what question tipped it off, I answered “no” to about everything for most of the time and then it just jumped out at me with the right answer after asking “Do you have voices argueing in your head?”

When I did it for myself, it said

UncleBill, I did get a fairly smug message once, along the lines of “yes, well I knew that a while ago, but just carried on to make it look more sporting for you”.

Playing it by Ukelele Ike’s method, I can either be

Bob Fish’s office assistant OR Carrie Bradshaw, but I don’t know either of those (and I’m probably happier that way.)

Omniscient, well, in posting this, not realising that it had been posted before, I was kindly giving you a chance to live up to your name. Nice, eh? :slight_smile:

Perhaps I’ll have another go by the ordinary method, because it knew quite a lot, but surprised me by losing on Sybil Fawlty. BTW, Kilt-Wearin’ Man, Edward I was one that I tried yesterday too, thinking it wouldn’t get it. Huh.

This is fun. After losing as the 33rd Arthur Dietrich, I played as Blossom the Powerpuff Girl. The machine thought I was Maggie Simpson, even after it asked if I had sisters that fight crime. Go fig. It did ask if I had a cute, funny voice and I said no, figuring that was the lead-in to Bubbles.

Who the heck is Henri from CHEERS?

I ran through it again (shows how busy I am these days) and it decided I was Norm from CHEERS (the horror). It was the “Do you drink beer?” query that doomed me.

Curious, using myself I got David Puddy from Seinfeld. Not sure if that’s a good thing though. Plus I don’t agree with it.

How you doing Eve? :wink:

And it turns out I’m Steven Hyde from That '70s Show. Cripes. At least I wasn’t one of the landlords on Three’s Company, which it tried for.