Evil dictators and sitcoms ( silly fun game)

using myself I found out that I am Uncle Jesse from Full House. I guess that’s better than being Uncle Jesse from The Dukes of Hazzard.

Now I’m smug…it couldn’t get Ayeka from “Tenchi Muyo”–it thought she was Chrissy from “Three’s Company”.
Not a bad guess, though. The weirdest question that it asked me was “Do you live in a toilet bowl?” I didn’t catch that reference at all.

When I played it Ike’s way, it identified me as Jonathan Creek (a name I had to look up on the web). I haven’t seen the show, but I think I’m flattered. Let’s see…shy, check…shaggy, check…illusions/FX, check–it’s a fair match (though he’s much thinner :frowning: ).

Using Ike’s rules, I’m Joey from Dawson’s Creek. I don’t watch the show, I’m guessing she’s the brunette since one of the questions it asked was “Are you blonde?”
(Hijack–have you noticed that people who watch that show pronouce the title with more emphasis on the Creek part, while non-watchers emphasize Dawson?)

Hurray, I can get to SDMB again! For fun, I tried one I had done before. Yesterday, it got Diana Trent for “Waiting for God” and today, it thought she was Patsy from “Absolutely Fabulous”

Meanwhile, it is asking me whether Augusto Pinochet is gay.

I was the second to use Detective Dietrich. Before that, I beat it with Murray from The Odd Couple. Shoulda used his nose to differentiate him from Yemana, though.

xizor, I’m not quite so sure about that one. Have you ever had to watch Full House?

Ike, I wasn’t sure either, I thought that it might be the fat bald guy who is occasionally talking to Norm and Cliff. Although I’m not sure what West Coast fruitcake would spell it with an “i”.

It just asked me, “are you a leader of a country?”

Awfully hard to be an evil dictator without being a leader of a country, no?

You could be dictating in your spare time? :slight_smile:

‘That’s not dictating! There’s more to dictating than giving out pompous orders!’

‘No there isn’t. I order you to disregard your own thoughts on this matter.’
It guessed Stalin pretty quickly, but I stumped it with Tojo… but now it knows how to tell the difference?

When I played as myself, it told me I was Ranger Gurd… Who the heck is that??

Point of Order: What is the definition of a dictator?

Is every pre-republic monarch a dictator?

Does he/she have to repress a segment of the population?

Does he/she have to derive their power primarily from the military?

Sorry to make people think in MPSIMS, especially in a silly thread, but I got to thinking “Does Napoleon count as a dictator?” and realized I couldn’t come up with a good definition.
BTW: After asking (among other things) whether I was a Transsexual Satan Worshipper, it decided that I most resemble Officer Poncherelli from CHiPs. :eek:

It asked me this:

"Are you lost?"

???

WHO!?

I am soooo pathetic. Day By Day was a short-lived 80’s sitcom, with Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Courtney Thorne-Smith in supporting roles. It was about a yuppie couple who decided to stay home and run an in-home day care. I can’t remember who played the main couple, but JLD was their former co-worker, and CTS was a college student who helped them with the day care. Ross was their teenage slacker son, played by the guy who later played Greg Brady in the Brady Bunch movie.

Per that site, Ronald Reagan, Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton are apparently dictators, as it guessed all of them correctly. They seem to be using a somewhat looser definition that I would. :smiley:

Fenris

I was surprised when it got me as Abraham Lincoln.

I did Bill Clinton, then it asked me if I ever inserted a cigar in a woman’s vagina, and I knew it had me. I was only the 3rd person to try him.

I suspect a lot of the weird quirks (bad spellings, odd questions) come from user-submitted questions when they stump the computer (either used somebody that isn’t already in the database or answered some important questions incorrectly).

I answered it as a friend of mine would, and then provided a very general question that would differentiate her from who it thought she was (‘Penny’ from…damn, I can’t remember the name, sitcom from late-70s, early 80s with a bunch of ugly teenaged girls), added her to the database, and then suggested she play it that way. It freaked her out when it guessed her (I only put in her first name and that she was from the U.S.A.).

The game guessed that I was some guy from La Femme Nikita the first time, so I added a question to differentiate me from him (I don’t know the show, but I’m guessing he’s not in the same line of work as me). That changed the database somehow, it asked me a different series of questions, and guessed I was Chandler Bing. Corrected that with another pretty general question (are you over 6’ tall?), now it never gets it wrong.

This is odd, I answered as myself this time, except on the first question I answered female instead of male, and it guessed I was Yosemite Sam from Bugs Bunny. WTF? The question it asked that lead to that is ‘Do you shoot off guns?’ I went back and changed it to ‘No’, since I realized I haven’t fired a gun in about 2 and a half years, and it guessed I was Dharma from Dharma and Greg.

I answered all the questions as myself and it said I’m Dawson from Dawson’s Creek. PLEASE someone shoot me? M’kay

Now as for when I thought of someone and had it guess I picked John Boy from the Waltons mwa-hahaha it didn’t guess me.

My favorite questions were “Are you techincally not supposed to be in this thing?” and “Are you a tall, sexy bitch?” If you answer yes to that one, you get some guy named Gary from Canada. :eek:

It got me twice (Stalin and Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons) before I stumped it with Emperor Caracalla.

As myself, I got Boyd from Boston Commons, but if I was gay, I’d be Jack from Will & Grace. Both weird, but at least I’m not Dawson. :wink:

BTW, Henri from Cheers was the annoying French guy who kept teasing Woody about how he was going to steal Kelly away from him. [sub]I remember way, way too much about these kinds of things.[/sub]

Keeper 0 I think for the point of this excercise the definition of “Evil Dictator” may be a bit Lax, after all at one point I was asked “Did you erase tape recordings of your conversations?”…That pretty much leads to Richard Nixon, Who although Evil wasn’t necessarily a Dictator. Although that would explain how he managed to get “Re-Elected”.

I played the game again as myself and I am (as all my friends already know) Chandler Bing from friends.

Hm. Does this mean I’ll be able to convince Omni to purchase beer for me (in my Norm persona) the next time we get together?

NEW VARIANT: Reverse genders! Play yourself as a member of the opposite sex! Find out your teevee soulmate!

Ummm…mine is Helen Roper from THREE’S COMPANY. Not good, right? Wasn’t she a middle-aged alcoholic nympho who kept wanting to have sex with John Ritter?