Family Guy 7/10

Oh, the “X-men” convention was pretty disturbing.

Yeah, I was disturbed to learn that I find Lois even hotter made up as Mystique. Animated sit-com MILFs are disturbing enough, without bringing comic-book nerdism into it.

“Ow! Ow! You’re bending it!” Bwahahahaha!

Yes, the breakfast machine was a takeoff on PWBA. If it references anything else, it can only be that Tim Burton was referencing that. Or a coincidence. And there was a starter pistol in the PWBA breakfast scene.

Now, about the scene where Stewie attacks the babysitter’s boyfriend in the hotel room—was THAT a takeoff of anything?

It reminded me of various horror movies, though the beating with the tire iron reminded me of a South Park from a couple years ago, where Cartman dreams he’s in 1776 and meets a messager who is taking a message to Thomas Jefferson. When they get to Jefferson’s house, cartman beats the messager to death with a club, drags the body into the bushs and gives the message to jefferson himself.

When Jeremy (babysitter’s boyfriend) looks into the mirror, and sees Stewie sitting in a chair smoking; then he turns around quickly to an empty chair… That seemed familiar, yes.

I can’t place it!

The breakfast machine was my favorite part… I was laughing hysterically as he excitedly watched the red balloon being released, which was so obviously tied to the trigger. I instantly remembered the music from Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure. :slight_smile:

I also enjoyed the vomiting scene a lot though. Yeah i’m a bit juvenile.

“Whoever vomits last, gets the last piece of pie!” I saw it coming right there.

I’m just surprised Brian went along with it; he’s supposed to be the smart one, after all!

It seemed like a “guy thing” to me. It included all of the Griffin boys. Also, would Brian turn down any kind of drinking contest?

I mean, c’mon, the winner gets PIE!

I thought the Fly parody could have been more gruesome and/or disgusting.

I know Sesame Street Skits involving Rube Goldberg Machines, and that sir, was no Sesame St. machine.

And still, no one mentioned Meg’s line:
“You can’t sell me, you fat son of a bitch!”

My favorite Meg line ever.

Seconded.

One of the funniest, if not THE funniest, new season episodes.

Alright, I am curious. I wanna hear Mr. Blue Sky’s take on how the Stewie/Rupert hybrid turns out!

(I took it as being a sort of anti-parody, and making the result as cute as possible. I’m into the gruesome idea though!) :wink:

I liked Stewie’s rant speech, but they tried to do the “low talking Stewie on the couch” bit again.

I like how the Portugese fishermen/cardiologists were back interviewing for babysitter.

Agreed that the breakfast machine was a PWBA parody - the music was a dead give away.

I know I missed a reference with that thing making the noises during it’s babysitting interview.

It was some kinda annoying sidekick on a Hannah Barbera cartoon, “The Herculoids”

The key to a comedic vomit scene: make it go on longer, and with more vomit, than any vomit scene ever has before.

The bar has been raised.

I’m not sure, *Team America: World Police * might still have it beaten.

I know it’s a long shot, but does anyone have the clip of the vomiting scene online? I know that the Family Guy web site has “clips of the day” but they all seem to be older…maybe I should email them and ask them to post the vomiting scene…

I still say Stand By Me’s total “Barf-O-Rama” is the true champion.

Yeah, I thought of Team America did it better, if for no other reason that at least that has the Puppet Novelty going for it.