Family Guy 7/10

Yep, you can’t go wrong with excessive animated vomiting.

I missed the first half. :frowning:

JUst got in for Kramer v. Predator and Stewies rant about Downloaded Simpsons episodes.

Not always the best if you have a phobia of vomiting.
shudders

Isn’t it a fairly lame sitcom standard for a girl to be chased by an annoying boy, who then loses interest, and is then compelled to chase him?

I thought these were supposed to be new episodes.

Yes, but one of Family Guy’s thinks is the way it takes traditional sitcom standards and butchers them. You won’t see the girl yoked to a plow like a draft mule or indulging a 15 year old’s creepy incestual infantalism fetish in another sitcom.

And the vomitting scene had me laughing out loud. I’m so unsophisticated. :frowning:

Oooh, I also really loved the Pee Wee’s Big Adventure breakfast-machine spoof.

I normally hate gross-out comedy, but I thought the vomiting scene was hilarious. The rest of the episode was mostly just okay.

The vomitting scene made me laugh till I cried. “Call 9-1-blarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!”

I thought the vomiting thing was pretty lame. The set up (the contest) was kind of funny. But the payoff was pretty generic.

There were some funny bits (Deborah IS a “bitch” on Raymond), but overall, the show is still misfiring.

[sub](Though, Lois as Mystique was nice)[/sub]

“It’s Saturday, and I could be out, having fun”
“If you don’t want to babysit, that’s fine, but don’t lie to me”

“That’s what I like about high school girls. I get older, they stay the same. Yes they do, yes they do”

I thought the first half of the show was pretty good, the second half not so much. Put me in the camp with:

I didn’t find the vomiting bit funny, but the rest of the episode was hilarious. A LOT of inappropriate jokes, just the way I like it.

“Alright, get undressed and in the showers and bounce around for me!”

Stewie’s rant was HILARIOUS! As someone who just spent four years in college it’s so true. Luckily, I don’t fall vicitm so all of his things (the stuff about what the guy wears didn’t apply to me…but the stuff about the D/Led Simpsons stuff did.)

“Oh God, he’s still in the trunk! How long as it been? One…two weeks…yup, he’s dead.”

I thought it was a spoof of the breakfast machine in “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang”.

It was based on an old Sesame Street bit, with a Rube Goldberg Machine just like that, which ended up producing the number of the day.

The Crazy Mel Gibson was funnier when South Park did it.

As someone who was 4 when Pee Wee’s Big Adventure came out, and thus spent a large chunk of his childhood watching it over, and over, and over on VHS, I’m nearly positive it was a spoof of that breakfast machine. So many elements seemed very similiar to that one…

Or was Pee Wee’s breakfast machine itself a spoof on one in “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” (which was before my time)?

I don’t recall the breakfast machine in PeeWee, so I dunno if it was a spoof of Chitty.

Not to mention the “suicide machine”, which I can’t place but know I have seen it before. A cartoon, I believe, that ultimately culminated in the firing of a gun.

It was 100% positively a spoof of Pee-Wee’s breakfast machine, complete with the Abe Lincoln statue and the “Breakfast Machine” musical score by Danny Elfman.

Loved the Breakfast machine bit “What is the point of this? All it does is shoot you!”

I don’t remember a gun in the original, but it’s been a while since I’ve seen the movie. I recognized the rest of it.

Was stewie always that evil? I don’t remember him just murdering someone like that before. Well, the cult leader, but he deserved it. In fact, up until now, pretty much everyone I remember him doing something too deserved it.

But yeah, it was average.

I, too, was in hysterics over the vomiting scene; I had just popped a handful of popcorn into my mouth when it started, and I nearly choked on my popcorn.

That’s what I call great comedy.