Fashionistas: What hair accessories are en vogue?

So I went to the salon Saturday and decided to, after getting tortured with a so-called mild relaxer, have my hair blown dry. This is a big deal for me as I almost always wear it curly/wavy.

My hair has grown. A lot. It’s shoulder lenghth and I’d like to be able to put it up. I have no clue, however, what hair accessories are stylish these days. I know scrunchies are out, out, out but that’s about all I know. A little advice from the fashionistas/style gurus is in order.
Signed,

IfMyHairGetsInMyFaceOneMoreTime,I’llScream in Baltimore

Hair sticks!

I don’t think my hair is long enough to be held up or back by hair sticks alone. I do think they’re quite chic but, unless I used an accompanying accessory, I’d probably lose them somewhere between my bedroom and front door.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

If you want the hair stick look, try holding it up with bobby pins and then sticking the hair sticks in there as an accessory, but not really doing any of the holding work.

Wow. Bobby pins. Simple yet brilliant. I’ll give it a whirl. Thanks.

There is all kinds of cool stuff now with “supplementary hair.” My fashionista days are pretty much behind me, but back in the day I would have loved that stuff.

If you’re up for a little daring, these can give you the look of longer hair than you really have. I got one that is essentially a scrunchy, but made of short spiky hair so it looks like I have a really wild little ponytail.