Fat-ass (Grossbottom) and Jeff who shit in a thread just to pick on Lib.

Is it my imagination, or was this board a lot more enjoyable when Liberal moved out of the neighborhood?

I don’t know… it just seemed to flow better. i don’t remember the pissing contests as much, and the occasional pitting of posters was just that… occasional. Liberal, for a variety of reasons, seems to be a lightning rod. I just miss the old neighborhood. Where the one annoying neighbor finally sold his house and moved out. This much back and forth over one poster is just sad. But, what’s even sadder is that Liberal brings most of it on himself.

SFP
(checking to see if I am part Cherokee and if a relative cried on the Trail of Tears)

Twas your imagination.

Why do you feel it necessary to be a junior mod? If you didn’t like what they said, hit “Report Post” and be on your merry little way. Instead you come here and let us all know that you hate bullies and then throw around “Fat ass” and “jerk” and “annoyingly stupid.”

If that wasn’t enough of your ridiculous blather, you give us your dime store diagnosis of Lib in the OP, which you are not qualified to do. I’ll bet you are fun at parties!

Of course you have every right to pit them for their behavior because you think they’re being jerks. They have every right to call Lib out on his ridiculous behavior, too. What they posted didn’t really belong in Great Debates, that’s true. What Lib posted didn’t belong there, either. You take issue with one, but not the other. You’re just the latest in a long line of fools that feels the need to defend this compulsive lying lunatic.

So congratulations! Your shiny new Junior Mod badge will be arriving shortly. Maybe Lib can come pin it on you and regale you with tall tales about his latest flesh-eating bacteria or how he missed his tiny window of opportunity to be part of the Cherokee Nation even though it doesn’t work like that. Stand up straight and be proud!

I don’t see why Jeff’s comment was out of line. If I posted a long and appallingly detailed post about my medical issues wouldn’t that be out of line in a thread about, say, the differences between Sunni and Shiite Islam? Wouldn’t a post saying “what the hell does this have to do with this thread” be reasonable? Grossbottom may be carrying on some old feud, but Jeff’s question could have been asked about anyone who made a lengthy personal post in a completely unrelated thread.

Just a bit of basic Boards definitions for the ignorant: Pitting someone is not Junior Modding. (Although I regret that I will not be getting my badge. Shiny? I like shiny.)

Junior Modding is trying to control posters behavior within a thread. Oh say by posting something in the thread like “what does this shit have to do with the thread?” or somesuch. Being a Junior Mod shits up a thread, even if the criticism is valid. The closest I came to that was to point out that I was the one who brought up Lib’s Native American heritage by way of trying to find an angle to make an understandable point about identity issues and that peggging that on Lib was unjustified.

Jeff Junior Modded. Grossbottom didn’t; he bullied. Yes, bullied. And again the threadshitting charge is based on the fact that neither contributed anything to the entire thread other than that. Yeah, Larry maybe it wouldn’t have rubbed me the wrong way at all if Jeff had said anything else in the thread. But he hadn’t. His only reason to speak up was to Junior Mod and that is threadshitting. Lib had participated. Annoyed some in the process and anyone he annoyed can open up their own damn Pit thread. Making new threads about someone is always the best way to discipline someone who you believe is attention whoring. :rolleyes: For whatever reason what he posted didn’t annoy me much and certainly didn’t make me angry. So, no, I have no desire to pit Lib. You go right ahead without me Sleeps.

And oh Sleeps, I am so sorry that my throwing around the highly offensive “fat ass” and “jerk” and “annoyingly stupid” offended your sensitive constitution, but y’know, even sanitized, this is the the … uh … Goshdarn … Pit.

Oh fudge factor! Can I say that?

BTW, no offense intended to anyone who actually does have a fat ass!

:slight_smile:

Oh it didn’t offend anything, idiot. I just find it hilarious that someone who DETESTS bullies behaves in a bullying manner. Pot meet kettle and all of that. I really didn’t think I had to break it down that much for you, but considering your stupid OP I guess I should have known to do so.

Junior Modding is you trying to tell people what they SHOULD and SHOULDN’T do in a post. You did that. It doesn’t matter that you brought it here to do, you still are saying what other people should do based on your ideas of what is right and wrong instead of letting the mods take care of it.

Larry Borgia is completely right. Jeff was right to ask what Lib’s latest stupidity was about. The fact that you chose to Pit him for it shows that you do fancy yourself a Captain Save-a-Ho of sorts for Lib. If you weren’t hypersensitive to any criticism about his crazy ass you’d have left Jeff out of it, you hypocritical bitch.

Zoe–you and I have had our disagreements, but in this case, I’m with you 100%. There’s no reason to be ashamed of mental health issues and frankly the dialogue needs to be improved tremendously before mental health issues are as accepted as say, diabetes. (Good example)

That said, however, “just happening” to reveal medical or mental health issues in the middle of debate or JUST as you’re losing a fight or JUST as your position becomes untenable as a defense is disgusting.

Even if Liberal does have every ailment he’s claimed (and there’ve been a textbook of them: it’s ranged from Multiple Sclerosis to some vague “dying within a few months” (I don’t remember the time frame) to flesh-eating bacteria to (IIRC) some heart thing (I think.) to this new laundry list he’s conjured up) he only dribbles (or spews) this information when someone challenges him when he thinks he’s losing a debate. Used to be it was just a
:: hand to the forehead :: “I feel…faint. I have some dread disease (or, more commonly am being tested for it). I cannot finish this thread/debate/discussion as I am possibly going to leave this sorry veil of tears.”.

That was abandoned when he got suspended for his “You can’t pile on me for my bad behavior! I’m gonna die and THEN you’ll be sorry” post. Now he gives this gargantuan, fairly disgusting (full-body dandruff? blech.) TMI laundry list of ailments, hospitals, medications, etc.

If this spewage IS a mental illness (and I bluntly doubt it is) and he really can’t control the fact that he’s telling us way too much incredibly personal details about his life then he should be banned because uncontrollably spewing this info is dangerous to himself–he’s telling way more than strangers should be allowed to know about his personal life (and there have been precidents of people banned ‘for their own good’ before–poor Snarkhunter, for one. Frankly Vanilla shoulda been the one banned). If it’s NOT all real, then he’s bullshitting the board the same way LilTassie or Skrewbald (aka “The Pyjama-Pants Girl” guy) did.

I will note that the phone number listed on that site for the Eastern Band of Cherokee is in error; it belongs to a gentleman who is not happy that his home phone is posted in several spots on the internet, causing him to receive numerous calls that he does not want. The wrong, (posted) number is 207-497-2771. The correct number is 800-438-1601, (or possibly, 704-497-2771).

Given that the linked site has pretty clearly erroneous information (borrowed from a Department of Interior website typo rarther than being input by an informed source), and given that the Eastern Band has their own web site, I would tend to take comments on that site with a very large grain of salt.

OTOH, I have no interest in pursuing the issue toward a final resolution–particularly since I doubt that a direct and unified statment on the topic from every chief and tribal officer, living or dead, from the past 200 years would actually get everyone, (or anyone), to acknowledge any point.

I don’t think Snark Hunter was banned? :confused:

So because the telephone number is wrong, the site has “pretty clearly erroneous information”? Because the area code was entered incorrectly you’re comfortable in dismissing all the rest of the information? I mean, I realize you’re one of Liberal’s biggest apologists (I remember the deleted thread you said was full of lies but refused to back up your accusation in any way, shape, or form), but surely even you can see that it would be really, really foolish to dismiss information based on a typo on the phone number.

Even if that isn’t the only incorrect item on the website, I’ll take that website over the vague BS dished out by a proven nutbag on this board which insinuates that there is some small window of opportunity to become part of the Cherokee Nation. He tries to make it seem very mysterious and difficult and just not possible. Like most of his nuttery, I cannot accept it as I am a thinking, rational person.

I don’t know what kind of koolaid he has the mods and a few posters around here drinking, but I’ve seen his lunacy with my own eyes. I’ve also seen him tear up on the very people he kisses ass on now. Why just the other day he was praising and thanking Tubadiva instead of using the name he gave her, Tubbydiva. How he can post here after all the shit he spewed is beyond me, and how so many of the mods and admins can continue to placate him is a bigger mystery.

Listen to me, you detestably foolish girl. Becoming a member of the Cherokee Nation is not a matter of family trees and blood tests. To become a member of the Cherokee Nation one must undertake a vision quest. The prospective brave journeys into the wilderness naked, with no food and no water, and returns only once his spirit guide has granted him a vision of transcendent truth.

Liberal undertook such a quest, and he undertook it bravely; he suffered in a way that an insignificant, pretty girl like yourself could never imagine, and he gleaned insights a snippet like you could never hope to comprehend.

It is certainly not his fault that the elders of the Cherokee Nation refused to acknowledge that Ayn Rand was a valid spirit guide. It’s the sort of thing you only get one chance to do.

:smiley:

Okay, that, right there, that’s funny.

That said, Lib was probably a bit inappropriate in the thread, but I understand the link he made, ‘tribal’ and all, and frankly, I was glad to learn he’s doing okay. Eh. He just shifted into a free association thing that didn’t go where he was trying to go when he started. Seriously, lay off the Lib, okay? It’s enough, it’s done.

I did not know that!

It is fairly well documented in this thread (as well as other fantastic SDMB trainwrecks of days gone by).

Thank you, you big cock bastard. mwah!

He chose his username from the length of his cock.

In centimeters.

Ah, so this is when he came up with his Truth (which, as I define it, means complete and utter bullshit with no basis in anything approaching reality) about the great Cherokee god, Pretty Jesus?

Hi Liberal.