Favorite Irish-themed Stuff

Anything Irishy. Movies, music, TV shows, games, products, places outside Ireland, names, drinks, food, pets…

Irish Spring
The Quiet Man
Liam Neeson
U2
Irish Washerwoman
Irish potatoes
Irish McCalla (do a Yahoo! Image Search, not automatically SFW)

Celtic Women
The Beautiful Game

Irish Confetti!

Love it! Has anybody heard of an “Irish pennant”?

Let’s all sing along!
Danny Boy
Rose of Tralee
McNamara’s Band
When Irish Eyes Are Smiling
Toora-loora-loora
Did Your Mother Come From Ireland
and my favorite…
Who Threw The Overalls in Mrs. Murphy’s Chowder

A Nation Once Again

Dun do Huile

I like getting today off work :smiley:

Bushmills

What, no Guinness?

Slainte!

Woman of Ireland

One of the greatest folk/ballad singers ever. Raglan Road by Luke Kelly
She may be as mad as a bag of hammers but my god she was beautiful and incredibly good. Sinéad O’Connor - She moved through the Fair

One of the best riffs ever. Thin Lizzy - Emerald

If you’re looking for something to watch but you may have missed. There’s the fantasticly funny In Bruges or the much more serious Wind That Shakes The Barley

Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig.

Yep!:stuck_out_tongue:

Celtic Thunder. http://youtube.com/watch?v=YY1_qlTr-rM&feature=related

That’s the alternative Anthem sang at Irish rugby internationals as players from both sides of the border play on the team. It’s best heard in it’s rightful place.

Here it is being sang by 80,000ish at Croke Park on one of the biggest days in Irish sport. It was the first time Ireland had played England in Croke Park(the home of Irish Gaelic sport). The blood was up. We slaughered them :smiley:

Jonathan Rhys Myers!
Frank McCourt
Smithwicks
This cartoon(“I sentence ya to the wearin’ of the green shoes!”
Shillelaghs
Jonathan Rhys Myers!
Irish Setters

Boulevard Brewing Company’s Irish Ale.

It’s a seasonal beer for them, so it’s only available roughly the first quarter of the year. I should probably go stock up before it’s all gone!

Clany Bothers and Tommy Makem.

and of course, my old band, Finagle.:smiley:

Redheads

I once saw on Saturday Night Live – can’t seem to find it on Youtube – an ad for an album of traditional Irish songs. There was “The Incoherent Song,” and “The Drinking and Fighting Song” (“We’ll drink and drink and drink and drink and drink and drink and drink, then we’ll fight and fight and fight and fight and fight and fight and fight . . .”). It was from when John Lovitz was in the cast, because I remember him featured in a song about “Michael Sean Patrick Flanagan Goldstein the Drunken Irish Jew,” or something like that.

My favorite Irish thing of all time* is The Commitments.

*James Joyce, George Bernard Shaw, Jonathan Swift, the Cuchulainn Cycle, the Book of Kells – y’all can suck it!