Favorite Pixar characters

While perusing Rotten Tomatoes yesterday I came across this article, where somebody ranked every character from the Pixar movies. I realize that this sort of thing is subjective, but seriously, guys: Remy the Rat as #2? Marlin the Fish from Finding Nemo as #3? Above Buzz Lightyear?

So anyway, I got to thinking about my own rankings, and I’d be interested in seeing yours. Who are your top 10 characters from Pixar movies? You can put them in order or just list 10, whichever you prefer.

Here are mine in a sort of vague order that gets vaguer as we go down:

Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story
Woody, Toy Story
Sully, Monsters Inc.
Mr. Incredible, The Incredibles
Space Aliens, Toy Story
Hudson Hornet, Cars
Boo, Monsters Inc.
Slim, A Bug’s Life
Lightning McQueen, Cars
Luigi, Cars

(bonus pick)
Bullseye the Horse, Toy Story

Geez, 130 frigging slides of cartoon characters? I don’t have time for that nonsense. The reason people stopped using slides in real life is because they are hated by every sane person on the planet, and website designers really need to wave goodbye to the 70s and find a more efficient way to present basic information.

I agree–I didn’t go through them all either. If you hit the “>” button on the thumbnails you can cheat by advancing the thumbnails and then hovering over each one (or you can usually just tell by looking at the tiny pic) but the point of my OP was really more to get people to tell us their favorite Pixar characters, not to comment on the list (though they’re of course welcome to do that too if they want to wade through all those slides!)

Is Edna Mode somewhere on their list?

Actually, Remy is my favorite Pixar character.

She’s #91.

Oh man I don’t even like the cooking rat movie but Remy is WAY better as a character than Buzz.

The Toy Story movies have fun characters but characters like Remy and Marlin are deeper, richer characters.

#1 WALL-E
Where is he? Eve is listed but I didn’t see him anywhere?

How about the Knick-Knack snowman?

WALL-E is #5. I don’t see the snowman–wasn’t that a short? I don’t think they covered shorts.

Well, see, there ya go. It’s all subjective. :smiley:

1. Carl Fredericson from Up
  2. Ellie from Up (Both chosen due to this/)
  3. Wall-E
  4. Remy
  5. Woody
  6. Marlin
  7. Mr. Potato Head
  8. Aliens (Toy Story)
  9. Sully
  10. Al McWhiggen

The Lamp

In no particular order
Sully
Mike Wachowski
Wall-E
EVE
Burn-E
Woody
Buzz
The Piggy Bank from the Toy Story movies
Knick Knack the Snow Globe Snowman
Alec the bunny from Presto
The jackalope and the sheep from Boundin’
Luxo Jr. (My wife’s favorite)

Odd - when I look at that slide show, I see Dory from Finding Nemo at #2, and Sully from Monsters, Inc. at #3.

Okay, that is really odd. I just went back and checked to make sure I wasn’t crazy or hadn’t clicked wrong, but it’s still showing Remy at #2 and Marlin at #3 for me.

Wow, when I sort by ranking I get:

1. Woody
  2. Dory
  3. Mike Wazowski
  4. Buzz

Also Nemo is listed as 11 and 12.

Anyhoo off the top-o-me noodle:

(In no order and I haven’t seen them all yet like Up or Wall-E. Even though I’ve owned Wall-E for several years now.)

Dory
Mater
Seagulls (Finding Nemo)
Francis (Bugs Life, the ladybug)
Flik (Bugs Life)
Dash
The young turtle in Finding Nemo. Totally Radical!!!
Doc (Cars)

Elastigirl/Mrs Incredible/Helen Parr

18 posts and nobody has mentioned Sid?

Puh-lease.

#1 Dug
#2 Boo
#3 Flik
#4 Mo
#5 Peach

I like single name characters*.

*Not my real list, just having fun

The little girl from the short One Man Band.