Female dopers - would you want to watch your partner do it with another guy?

No, I’m not saying that at all. What I’m saying is that if your SO has an emotional connection to someone else that you find threatening, something is wrong. Either you’re too sensitive and mistrusting or that connection *is *threatening to the relationship, and either way, you’ve got Issues that should be dealt with head on.

99.99999% of cases, no.

There’s a handful of exceptions I might be willing to make, but only because I’d want to get in on the action, which is actually a different question.

Okay, thaks. Clarification gratefully received. :slight_smile:

I have a few very good friends who I’d miss terribly if they moved away. I’m not sexually intimate with my girlfriends (yuck) but we share more common interests than I share with my husband. Because we’re in the same place (e.g. middle class, teenage children, married to Type A men), we understand and support each other in a way that my husband cannot.

So, if one of my really good girlfriends moved away, I’d be somewhat devastated.

yeah - but you’re a girl - thats par for the course. Clearly husbands are not allowed to show such emotion - especially for another fella or <gasp> a different girl once married.

<sarcasm smiley>