Fez, the eternal virgin

And same for the closed captioning, for that matter.

I think it was to keep people from thinking it was pronounced like “fess”

Well, its their own FAQ, but obvious they don’t have a clue where in Wisconsin Point Place is. I don’t recall the Point Place/Green Bay connection being made in any particular episode. However, I do remember Kelso saying “the greater Oshkosh area” once and Kenosha seems to come up more often than any other city. Oshkosh is only about fifty miles closer to Kenosha than Green Bay.

I’ve always placed Point Place somewhere in either Walworth or Jefferson County. That’s southern Wisconsin btw. Madison & Milwaukee, which fits the occasional Kenosha references better.

FWIW, my dream That '70s Show episode revolves around the gang visiting The Gobbler Motel in Johnson Creek (in Jefferson county). Of course, its so over the top, no one would ever believe it was once real.

“That Disco Episode” occurs at a disco in Kenosha.

Kelso’s reference to “the greater Oshkosh area” concerned the market where the underwear ad that he modeled for sold briefs. But the market where the advertisement ran may or may not have included Point Place (although Fez does mention that he bought some “very supportive” briefs because of the ad).

I’m still waiting for Donna’s little sister to lose hers.

(I think it’s going to be a long wait.)

They don’t seem to know much about Wisconsin, either. One of the few episodes I’ve seen revolved around the plot that they were all going to drive up to Canada so they could buy some beer. Except:

A-you can’t drive from Wisconsin to Canada without going through either Minnesota or Michigan (via the UP, which would be a long way to do that), and I don’t remember them saying anything about going to another state

B-in the 70’s, 18 year olds could buy alcohol (that didn’t change until some time in the 80s)

Which one?

easy, they don’t have to mention that they drove through Minnesota. Besides road trips get better the longer they are. Also they’re all 16 or 17 and have been throughout the run. Well a few have had 18th birthdays but shortly afterwards they switch it back to 17. Although I think they are going to make a shift to college so they’ll all be 18 soon.

And English isn’t even his first language, IIRC.

So that’s kinda like me going to France, learning the language, then making up an accent.

Happy

** The 70’s Show ** was his first American audition, and he was cast right off. And the kid can dance and sing. I hope to see him on Broadway some day.

Amazing talent.

I’ve always wondered how they can all walk around outside in T-shorts all year long. I’ve never been to Wisconsin, but I have a feeling it’s cold there.

T-shirts, too.

They were all 17, except for Kelso who is 18. Except that he stayed back a year, and didn’t remember that he was a year older and could have been buying beer all along. :dope slap ensues:

I always though Point Place was a play on the real life town of Steven’s Point, Wisconsin.

It sure will; Donna’s now labeled as an only child. Her younger/older sister(s) have been scrapped from the show.

From this site:

Dropping Tina makes sense, otherwise they’d both be playing the same age about now! :smiley:

And Peggy Hill, although that was sort of a technical dodge.