Five things I love...

1. Back scratching each other
  2. lazy days where I don’t have to go anywhere
  3. A/C on a hot evening
  4. Birthday celebrations, whether they’re kid parties or cake/ice cream for adults, it’s always fun
  5. a good buzz. Hope it’s okay to say that. :slight_smile:
  1. Someone you love snuggling up to you. This is the flat-out best feeling in the world, bar none.
  2. A child or kitten falling asleep on your chest. Could be considered part of #1, though.
  3. the feeling of pending excitement when you start off on a trip, vacation, or adventure.
  4. A truly ice-cold beer on a hot day after you’ve been working hard, and you’re sweaty and tired.
  5. Time alone, to go anywhere and do anything. No deadlines, no due dates, no expectations. You can fish, kayak, read a book, vegg in front of the boob-toob, or nap - it doesn’t matter. It’s time when you can do whatever floats your boat.
  1. Cold Diet Pepsi
  2. Seeing my name in print–for the right reasons
  3. When a plan comes together
  4. Being “of one mind” with my girlfriend
  5. Discovering something important to me
  1. Summer storms
  2. Steam curling up out of a cup of tea
  3. Open fifths
  4. Gnocchi with grated parmesan and olive oil
  5. Road trips
  1. A hot day spent out at the pool with good friends, cold beer, snacks and burgers on the grill.
  2. Big thunderstorms.
  3. Planning and making a good meal for people to enjoy.
  4. My church. A great congregation of good people.
  5. Really awful “horror” flicks.
  1. The smell of the air on a crisp autumn afternoon.
  2. A soak in hot water on a warm night.
  3. Beer
  4. Chocolate
  5. Pizza
  1. A cold front blowing in when the air is sticky and muggy and hot.
  2. Crispy roasted chicken skin.
  3. Falling asleep to the sound of a cat purring.
  4. A hug from the Other Shoe when I’ve had a particularly bad day.
  5. The smell of bread baking.

In no particular order:

1. Hearing turkeys gobble when I’m sitting in the timber as the sun is starting to rise
  2. Seeing various birds at one of my bird feeders
  3. Mowing
  4. Grilling
  5. Hearing my 7 y.o. son laugh and him giving me a big hug & kiss as we’re playing together.
  1. A head and back massage
  2. Hot-dogs from 7-11
  3. Hitting all green lights on my commute
  4. A cigarette after a few beers
  5. Sleeping when it’s raining outside

Wait, are you serious? :dubious: I’d love to be able to love this. Please show me how!

1. New underwear
  2. Clean fresh sheets
  3. Watching a beautiful sunset
  4. Learning something new
  5. A meeting of minds about an idea or concept

Totally serious, though tornados scare me to pieces. Give me a thunderstorm, blizzard, extremely windy day even and I’m happy!

Homegrown tomatoes

The New York Times Sunday crossword

Sleeping in

Stumbling upon a photo opportunity

My daily shower

I love this website. Some of the secrets make me feel that I’m not so alone.

[ul]
[li]The smell of lilacs[/li][li]The Ocean[/li][li]Hiding my cell phone so that I’m not always available[/li][li]Photography[/li][li]Bonfires with friends at the lake. Swapping stories, laughing and knowing that in that moment those are some of the best times in your life.[/li][/ul]

[ul]
[li]driving around the American West (extra squee for wild horse sighting)[/li][li]midnight cereal[/li][li]Watcher of the Skies’ voice[/li][li]the ozone and sage smell of the desert right before a monsoon[/li][li]old music and new books[/li][/ul]

Hot coffee.
Singing when no one else is around.
Finding a really great book or movie.
Sampiro’s stories.
Knowing your good friends will always be there for you.

1. My Kamaka ukulele
  2. My job, including my co-workers
  3. Bird watching on my deck
  4. The free bus pass I get through my job
  5. Summer in the Pacific Northwest
  1. My books
  2. Singing
  3. Cuddling up under a warm blanket
  4. Babies
  5. Sitting in a cafe with my friends talking about philosophy and quantum mechanics and Batman and banana bread, or whatever else pops into our heads.

Teaching a good class - it’s like a high for me, I love it.
Taking all my clothes off when I get home from work. Especially when I take off my bra.
Crawling into a warmed up bed on a cold night
When my cat cuddles next to me and purrs very loudly
The way my boyfriend smells - when he’s away for long periods of time I sniff his shirts.

Especially if you can be out in it! I went XC skiing solo in the middle of a blizzard years ago, and had a ball! I was down in a little valley where I camped a lot as a kid, so I knew the terrain and was sheltered from the worst of the wind. Absolutely pristine, and I treasure the memory.

Walking outdoors in a rainstorm is a kick, too, as long as I’m dressed for it and not getting soaked and chilled and such. That reminds me - I need a better raincoat.

If someone wants to see tornadoes close-up and personal, check out these folks. I have no connection with them other than Missus Coder did a trip with them a few years ago, and loved it.

1. God
  2. My Son and Mom and my dog.
  3. My life
  4. My job
  5. Nature